Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 BackHaul

BobbyOnyx
Aspirant

RBK853 BackHaul

Hi Guys,
I've searched the forums and cannot find the answer but apologies if it out there and has been asked before.
I am 99% sold on purchasing the RBK853 WiFi 6 mesh system but have a question regarding back haul which I believe is not the usual question people have!
My setup will require the use of one of the satellite's as a switch, utilising 2 of the rj45 ports for my pc and NAS and then hard wired back to the router.
My question is, is it possible to forcibly tell the hardware not to use this Ethernet connection back to the router as a back haul?
In simple terms, can I force the orbi to use wireless back haul rather than my Ethernet connection?
I hope this makes sense.
I look forward to your replies
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853 BackHaul

Anything is possible, however if the RBR and RBS have GOOD status and get full on 2400Mpbs backhaul connection rates, then this could have better performances vs 1000Mbps on the wire though wire mostly has the best stability and performance vs wireless. Something you can test and see what works best for your environment.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the RBS are ethernet connected to the RBR, then the RBS will always use Ethernet backhaul for data flow to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 4
BobbyOnyx
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer. Not ideal for what I had planned but at least I know for sure so I can make an adjustment to my setup.
I understand it's a "how long is a piece of string" question but will I see much performance loss from my PC/Nas if I did use the Ethernet cable as described above and it was also used as back haul?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Anything is possible, however if the RBR and RBS have GOOD status and get full on 2400Mpbs backhaul connection rates, then this could have better performances vs 1000Mbps on the wire though wire mostly has the best stability and performance vs wireless. Something you can test and see what works best for your environment.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7