Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 wireless region

vveduvv
Aspirant

RBK853 wireless region

Dear all, I've recently purchased an Orbi RKB853 system and everything works OK but I have some problems regarding the Wifi connected devices. They appear to be connected but after a random time between 5-10min they appear connected but with no Internet connection. However, all wired devides attached to the Orbi system have no problems at all. I suspect it's a wifi region issue, because I'm in Europe and the Orbi system comes from the US and its region is "North America" I've seen in other discussions how to change the region using rbk50, however I've found nothing on rbk852. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853 wireless region

Does this process work for you? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBK53-Region-Change/m-p/1824954#M75952

@vveduvv wrote:
Dear all, I've recently purchased an Orbi RKB853 system and everything works OK but I have some problems regarding the Wifi connected devices. They appear to be connected but after a random time between 5-10min they appear connected but with no Internet connection. However, all wired devides attached to the Orbi system have no problems at all. I suspect it's a wifi region issue, because I'm in Europe and the Orbi system comes from the US and its region is "North America" I've seen in other discussions how to change the region using rbk50, however I've found nothing on rbk852. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 9
vveduvv
Aspirant

Hi,

Already tried it, but no luck:

root@RBR850:/# rm /tmp/firmware_region
rm: can't remove '/tmp/firmware_region': No such file or directory

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the Orbi AX isn't supporting of other reagions as of yet. Or the US versions can't be changed.

You might contact NG support about this and see. 

Message 4 of 9
vveduvv
Aspirant

Thanks FURRYe38. I just opened a ticket, I'll keep you updated with the NG support response

Regards 

Message 5 of 9
mrbrightside1
Aspirant

Any update?

Message 6 of 9
vveduvv
Aspirant

No news from NG support since last Thursday (Dec 12th). I'll ask again.

Keep you updated

Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Netgear does neither endorse nor support changing the North America models to anything different from US and Canada (due to strict FCC regulations, not because of Netgear wants...).

It's almost scandalous that Amazon.com (US) does offer "Does ship to [any European country]" or "Ships to ..." - this includes the Amazon Netgear Store - for many wireless products with incompatible regulatory configuration (and of course the US power cords). Interestingly, the RBK53 isn't offered for shipping for example to Switzerland as of writing.

Should you have used this sales channel, I would consider to return the product and - based on the "Ships to ..." indication - requesting a replacement by an Europan kit.

Message 8 of 9
mrbrightside1
Aspirant

Yeah they wouldn't condone it, however, I bought it in the US and it's being used in Australia. I'd be more than happy to flick them my residency! 

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7