Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750 Intermittent drops failed speed test

CourtneyG
Follower

RBR 750 Intermittent drops failed speed test

I am having constant drops, buffering and lost signals. I also cannot run a speed test. We have had zero issues until today. I’ve called ISP and have no issues on that end. direct connection has zero issues. I have rebooted both modem and router. I’ve checked for updates. I’m at a loss. This is supposed to make everything easier and it was for about a month, now we’re constantly having to restart lessons as the signal drops.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 750 Intermittent drops failed speed test

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Is Armor enabled? 

Message 2 of 5
RheyGhie
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue with yours...I found out that this issue is been around from the the pervious Orbi's...it was mention at the Reddit Forum that one of the problem is the Firmware...but it seems like they have not fix it yet cause my Orbi machine is always up to date. Unless the App is also just a piece of crap. I am not sure if I could still return this but this difinitely making Homeschools very difficult for my kids. Basically paid for something to get this much of a headache.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Is Armor enabled? 

Are you using the Orbi app? For any Orbi app problems, please post over in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

@RheyGhie wrote:

I am also having the same issue with yours...I found out that this issue is been around from the the pervious Orbi's...it was mention at the Reddit Forum that one of the problem is the Firmware...but it seems like they have not fix it yet cause my Orbi machine is always up to date. Unless the App is also just a piece of crap. I am not sure if I could still return this but this difinitely making Homeschools very difficult for my kids. Basically paid for something to get this much of a headache.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@CourtneyG wrote:
I am having constant drops, buffering and lost signals. I also cannot run a speed test. We have had zero issues until today. I’ve called ISP and have no issues on that end. direct connection has zero issues. I have rebooted both modem and router. I’ve checked for updates. I’m at a loss. This is supposed to make everything easier and it was for about a month, now we’re constantly having to restart lessons as the signal drops.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7