Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750 and 2 RBS 750 - All devices Connecting to Router Only

Jonnybunker
Guide

RBR 750 and 2 RBS 750 - All devices Connecting to Router Only

I was doing some troubleshooting on something compeltetely unrelated, but then realized that all of my devices are showing connecting to only my main Router, the RBR750. I have checked both the satellites, refreshed through the app, and still it shows that nothing is connected to them. I then logged into the administrative console and still found that everything is showing only connected to the Router only. I searched the community and thread and found a few things about it, but verified all of the settings and suggestions i could . A few people mentioned "Daisy Chain Settings" however, i do not have any setting with that name. This is on the RBR 750 AX band router.

My questions

Are devices actually all connecting through the Satellites as well and just not showing correctly?

The Satellites are only showing 5ghz band, when i thought in the past it would show both 2.4ghz/5ghz - I thought that was the benefit of AX/Wifi 6 is that even in a mesh it can intelligently swap between on both the Router and the Satellites?

I cannot find a daisy chain setting, is there something i am missing?

My Setup: Comcast ISP Blast Pro 500MB - Motorolla SB 6190, RBR 750 and 2 RBS 750 - AX 4200, Netgear Armor is enabled

I have tried looking at all settings in the Orbi App, the Admin Panel and cannot find anything to change.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 750 and 2 RBS 750 - All devices Connecting to Router Only

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What do you see if you log into the RBS web pages? 

Test this by taking a mobile device near the RBS. Turn OFF the wifi radio on the devices for 5 seconds then back on. Then check the RBS web page.

Try disabling Armor...

Message 2 of 8
Jonnybunker
Guide

Sorry , forgot those details !

Here is setup :

Firmware V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

3 story house , 2950 sq feet , built 2019
Main Router up on 3rd floor master closet- east side of house , where modem is (I know probably not ideal)
RBS750 on 2nd floor, west side of house
RBS750 on 1st floor , east side of house

Disabled Armor to test and will try the other troubleshooting as well! Attached the router firmware and this matched the Satellite Firmware when I checked earlier. Did a “check for new” but didn’t find anything

Thanks foe the help !

The odd thing is when I logged into Armor , it showed a ton more devices connected than my Orbi app was displaying. Rebooting router now to see if armor being disabled fixes
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to power OFF the RBR after disabling Armor then back ON after 30 seconds.

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)?

Try turning down the power output of the RBR as well. 

Message 4 of 8
Jonnybunker
Guide

Update -

Turned off Armor-
Rebooted Main Router and manually rebooted the satellites , as still only one was showing devices.

Once doing a few reboots on each unit and the modem itself , things finally seemed to return to normal.

I am not sure if the individual reboots fixed the issue or if disabling Armor.

Do we think that it was Armor ? I know that I have seen other threads where it was causing problems , but wouldn’t that be strange if Armor was completely disabling the capability of the satellites working ?
Message 5 of 8
Jonnybunker
Guide

Sorry missed your 2nd reply- they are probably about 25-35 feet from each other but i haven’t walked the exact distance- 1sr satellite is probably a bit closer.
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Well you can re-enabled it again and see if the problem returns, if it does, then you'll know. Just disable it again. 

Something to post about in the Armor forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

25ft is a bit too close.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos