Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

ronisack
Follower

RBR750 ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Hi, I m getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET errors trying to access known good sites.  How do I know they are good?  I swich my wifi to use my mobel phone hot spot and have no issues.  I have conntacted my ISP and they have no issues with the sites.  I also see many sites where I get this error flash for 2-3 seconds, then the site loads.

I have this with Chrome (primary) but also with Edge browser.  It is on my computer (HP Tower), laptop (Surface) and my wife's computer.  All are connected via WiFi.

I don't believe I have any special firewall or security on my systems, other than MS Defender.

I have rebooted moden, routers, computers and not success.

Any further trouble shooting or suggestions appreciated.

Ron

Message 1 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR750 ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

@ronisack wrote:

Hi, I m getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET errors trying to access known good sites.  How do I know they are good?  I swich my wifi to use my mobel phone hot spot and have no issues.  I have conntacted my ISP and they have no issues with the sites.  I also see many sites where I get this error flash for 2-3 seconds, then the site loads.

I have this with Chrome (primary) but also with Edge browser.  It is on my computer (HP Tower), laptop (Surface) and my wife's computer.  All are connected via WiFi.

I don't believe I have any special firewall or security on my systems, other than MS Defender.

Ron

This is not usually caused by the router, unless you are using 3rd party DNS servers.

Try these suggestions:

perform website and browser/system check.
check the proxy settings.
clear the browser cache.
delete Winsock catalog entries.

Message 2 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

Do you have the Orbi AX product (e.g., RBR850 or RBR750) and is this intermittent?  The intermittent behavior you describe has been reported by some Orbi AX customers and discussed in the AX forum, for example: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/DNS-errors-RBK753/m-p/1962412#M6204 .  It seems to be a firmware issue and not a hardware issue that affects some customer configurations.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to visit the Orbi AX Forum for help and information:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@ronisack wrote:

Ron

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7