Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750:Failure to download from Google Play store, ver 3.2.16.22

FredJBK
Aspirant

RBR750:Failure to download from Google Play store, ver 3.2.16.22

Model Number: RBR750/RBK753S

Ver: 3.2.16.22

Cable Model: CM1200

I'm unable to download anything from the Google Playstore.  I started a case awhile back on it, but I only had one device.  Now I have multiple with the same issue.  

Fire Tablet HD8 (2020) x2 with Playstore side loaded.

Samsung Tab A with Play store

Google TV

The devices can brows the play store, but they are not actually able to download anything from the store itself.

Awhile back I had a case, but at the time, as mentioned, I was only had one device and the device was blamed.

Now, if I reset the device it works initially, but unfortunately I was unable to find the toggle for the actual failure.  I'm hoping that Netgear would be willing to work with me to find the fault so it can be fixed.  This may be a rare case, but it is still a failure of the firmware of the product.

Orbi and CM are setup for 802.3ad, Ethernet Port Aggregation

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FredJBK
Aspirant

Re: RBR750:Failure to download from Google Play store, ver 3.2.16.22

So I found it.  IMHO, it is a bug, but I can't figure out why it would cause the issue.  I was using dynamic routing, RIP.  I've tried with both RIP Broadcast in both directions and also Multicast in both directions.  Every setting except for LAG, I've re-enabled.  I've talked RIP multiple times and it is extremely repeatable. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I have a Galaxy Tab S2 and it downloads from GS all the time while conectef to my 8 series in AP mode or router mode. CM1200 model also. LAG disabled. 

Other devices download from there stores and work, then it would be this one device that is having problems.

Message 2 of 9
FredJBK
Aspirant

I have 4 devices with the same issue now.  If I move the devices to my phone for download it works without an issue.  This IS a setting in the Orbi, looking to find out two things.  One if anyone else has had this issue and which particular setting it was.  Two, does Orbi/Netgear actually want to work with me since this IS a bug.  I do this for a living.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Armor enabled? 

Try disabling LAG on the RBR AND CM1200 modem. After this change, and ensuring Armor is NOT enabled. Power OFF the CM and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON with the modem first, then the RBR. Turn OFF the RBS temporarily. 

Check for google store access...

IF this fails, contact NG support and ask for additional help and information. You seem to be the only one posting about this. 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Just checking a GS8 OS9 it's getting downloads and updates thru my 8 series system. 

Message 5 of 9
FredJBK
Aspirant

So I found it.  IMHO, it is a bug, but I can't figure out why it would cause the issue.  I was using dynamic routing, RIP.  I've tried with both RIP Broadcast in both directions and also Multicast in both directions.  Every setting except for LAG, I've re-enabled.  I've talked RIP multiple times and it is extremely repeatable. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

RIP is BOTH for me but version is DIsabled. Never used RIP or had a need for it. 

Something to let NG know about if you feel the need. 

Message 7 of 9
FredJBK
Aspirant

I'm not aware of away to do that without it costing me money.  My support contract is expried.  They are only like 3-6 months long.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I put mine back into router mode yesterday. RIP is Both however disabled. I don't have a need for using RIP so can't help to tell if there is a bug or not. Otherwise this confgiruation works for GS and getting downloads there. 

I would send a PM to a forum moderator and give them your information and what your seeing with RIP enabled and any configuration information.

@Blanca_O 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7