Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Orbi slow internet while streaming

GotProblemz
Aspirant

RBR750 Orbi slow internet while streaming

Hi

Some days ago I started to have problem with streaming shows on Netflix and other streamingservices. My internet speed is fine when messured. I have 500/500 internetspeed and a RBR750 Orbi Mesh AX4200. 

I just disables wifi 6 (AX) and the perfomance got somewhat better but not good.

I have updated the software, restart fiberbox and router a couple of times. 

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 Orbi slow internet while streaming

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Pv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 4
GotProblemz
Aspirant

Hi

Nothing changed and everything has worked perfectly until now. The router is right next to the Smart TV. 

No update was made recently. 

We has a power outage some days ago. Can that affect something? 

I cannot find all the settings you asked me to change.  

No Factory set has been made. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give feed back to the questions presented...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7