Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Zoom Audio and Amazon Streaming issues

Eric_In_FL
Aspirant

RBR750 Zoom Audio and Amazon Streaming issues

Recently purchased and installed an RBK752 system - 1 RBR750 router and 1RBS750 Satellite. Both are running Firmware v3.2.16.6_1.4.4. I've got 2 issues - possibly (not sure) both related.

Issue #1: When connected to a Zoom call through a wired or wireless connection, my outbound audio isn't working. Video is working fine, inbound audio is fine, but outbound audio is not working at all. I can hear everyone else perfectly, but they can't hear me at all. Also tried with a Bluejeans (less popular video conference software) call and had the same issue. (If I connect through my employer's VPN, no issues) (Also, there were no issues before installing the Orbi.)

Issue #2: My wife is having trouble streaming Amazon Prime video on her ipad and iphone. The video will start to load, will buffer for a while, and may play a few seconds, but isn't really watchable. I tried on an android tablet, and was able to get the stream to work, but there was a lot of video degradation.

My ISP is AT&T UVerse, using an Arris 5268AC gateway. The Orbi is in Router mode, and is set up as a DMZ+ device on the gateway. (Yes, I know, this means that I'm double natted, but I thought the DMZ+ mode would mitigate that.) I have done a factory reset on the Orbi Router after installing the firmware, and I configured it without enabling/activating Armor.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 Zoom Audio and Amazon Streaming issues

Be sure the ISP modems wifi radios are fully disabled.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only, uncheck the box. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Try the RBR in AP mode. Disable DMZ+ on the modem if you try this. 

Message 2 of 6
Eric_In_FL
Aspirant

• House is 3000 sqft. Router and satellite are wirelessly connected, roughly 45 linear feet apart, and 10 vertical feet (router is upstairs, satellite is downstairs). Interior construction is wood frame/drywall
  • Armor is disabled
  • ISP Modem Wifi is disabled (both 2.4ghz and 5ghz)
  • IPv6 is disabled on the Orbi. Should that also be disabled on the ISP device?
  • Updated the preamble, CTS, and coexistance settings as described

Still encountering the issue with the video quality on Amazon Prime, haven't had a chance to test a zoom call yet. I'll check that tomorrow and update again.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try streaming with just the RBR only. Turn OFF the RBS...as a test. 

Message 4 of 6
Eric_In_FL
Aspirant

So, all the settings I changed last night had a positive effect on my Zoom calling ability - I had multiple calls today when I was connected through the new Orbi, and people could hear me just fine.

Testing the Amazon video stream right now with the satellite off (power cord unplugged), and I'm not seeing nearly as many digital artifacts in the video playback.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Possbile placement of the RBS needs to be checked. 30 feet distance in between would be a good start. Try this again and see.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7