Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 and RBS750 new firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 and RBS750 new firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

Continue to post about this in the Orbi with Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/Bug-Report-CBR750-firmware-3-2-16-18...

Thank you. 

@fstarne wrote:

Upgraded my CBR750 to firmware 3.2.16.18 and RBS750 Satellite to 3.2.16.22.  I've noticed that the Orbi app on my phone and the web interface on the CBR750 no longer show which devices are connected to the satellite.  Only shows devices connected to the router itself.

If I log into the satellite directly I can see the connected devices there.

Message 26 of 38
JonathanDP
Aspirant

I just noticed that my orbi RBR750 changed to Daisy Chain. I tried looking in the orbi settings but cannot find an option to turnnit off even under Advanced settings. The star topology is more efficient for me coz my router is in the middle and both satellites are on each side of the house. Anyone knows where i can find turning off daisy chain?
Message 27 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Daisy Chain is Automatic on Orbi AX systems. Placement and distance is key to maintain Star topology. 

@JonathanDP wrote:
I just noticed that my orbi RBR750 changed to Daisy Chain. I tried looking in the orbi settings but cannot find an option to turnnit off even under Advanced settings. The star topology is more efficient for me coz my router is in the middle and both satellites are on each side of the house. Anyone knows where i can find turning off daisy chain?

Message 28 of 38
TheTraveller
Aspirant

Sorry to say I upgraded to this version and it is so seriously flawed.

I originallyy had an Orbi RBR50 with satellites where the entire system went haywire, to the point you put more than one satellite on and the system went into a total reboot loop, so bit the bullet and upgraded.

Everything was fine until this release of firmware, now:

- You can log straight into the config from a browser without a username or password

- Despite setting the Guest Network to OFF, the system periodically advertises the guest network, you can connect to it, but the Orbi app and the browser both show it is turned off

- With Access Control set to ON and Block all new devices, when you allow a device to connect  (after it has been blocked), the device still will not connect. You need to block it a second time and then re-allow it.

I would recommend, NOT upgrading until this version is thoroughly tested and the bugs removed.

Having logged a support ticket, the only response was to factory default the system and start again, sorry but this is a brand new build out of the box working fine until the latest firmware.

Be cautious

Message 29 of 38
Mstrbig
Master

Why are you running V3.2.16.22_1.4.9 when V3.2.17.12_1.4.14 is available and completely stable. We have many systems running it with no complaints.
https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBR750-V3.2.17.12_1.4.14.zip

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBS750-V3.2.17.12_1.4.14.zip

Message 30 of 38
TheTraveller
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for this. The reason I wasnt runing V3.2.17.12_1.4.14 is that despite checking numerous times neither the Orbi App or the router "check for updates" actually identified any newer updates.

Also when I logged a support call with the wonderful Netgear support they never even mentioned a newer version and simply suggested reboot or factory default and rebuild.

Hey Ho. Got this version on now. Crossed fingers.

Thanks

Message 31 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

v12 was never put up on the update server by NG. Only inteded for manual download. So it won't appear on Orbi app or on the RBRs web page as something availalbe for update. 

Good Luck. 

Message 32 of 38
Mstrbig
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

v12 was never put up on the update server by NG. Only inteded for manual download. So it won't appear on Orbi app or on the RBRs web page as something availalbe for update. 

Good Luck. 

Yes It shows up available on the Netgear download support page, (Support | NETGEAR) which I check periodically.

It solves a multitude of issues.

Message 33 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Users will need to also check the NG site for updates occasionally. It just won't be seen in the Orbi App or as notification on the RBR.

v12 has been good for me as well. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 38
TheTraveller
Aspirant

So what a farce.

I upgraded to the release, rebuilt my network from the ground up. And hey ho the system worked, however it never asked me to login to the router to configure it, just goes straight into the admin page without a password. Add a new device to the network, the first time they launch a browser session, it takes them into the router admin page without a password on any system or any browser. So I logged a support call and over 3 weeks later still no updated other than "this ticket is escalated to a senior tech, do you want to keep it open".

In the end I have rebuilt the network now 5 times always exhibiting the same issue. I have also updated to   3.2.18.1_1.4.14V3.2.18.1_1.4.14 without luck.

On my sixth rebuild it finally worked, mind you whenere I login to the Orbi, I get redirected to "MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm" and with Access Control Enabled, blocking new devices from connecting automatically, any device I allow, I have to allow, block, then allow again for them to access the Internet.

All told for over £500 this orbi system is poor quality, poor support and not worth the money.

As for the support survey it takes over 25 minutes to do and for what, to sit in a file and no-one to bother dealing with it.

Netgear quality is terrible.

Message 35 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the v3.2.18.1 forum thread in regards to that version of FW. This thread is for the previous version. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-Firmware-Version-3-2-18-1-for-RBR750-RBS750-Series-Rele...

Be sure when you setup the router that you walk thru the setup wizard. This sets up a admin log in and you will need to input a password for the log in. Also be sure that your web broswser hasn't cached any thing. Clear out all browser caches. 

IF you feel the Orbi system isn't for you then return it and find something that works for you. 

Good Luck. 

@TheTraveller wrote:

So what a farce.

I upgraded to the release, rebuilt my network from the ground up. And hey ho the system worked, however it never asked me to login to the router to configure it, just goes straight into the admin page without a password. Add a new device to the network, the first time they launch a browser session, it takes them into the router admin page without a password on any system or any browser. So I logged a support call and over 3 weeks later still no updated other than "this ticket is escalated to a senior tech, do you want to keep it open".

In the end I have rebuilt the network now 5 times always exhibiting the same issue. I have also updated to   3.2.18.1_1.4.14V3.2.18.1_1.4.14 without luck.

On my sixth rebuild it finally worked, mind you whenere I login to the Orbi, I get redirected to "MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm" and with Access Control Enabled, blocking new devices from connecting automatically, any device I allow, I have to allow, block, then allow again for them to access the Internet.

All told for over £500 this orbi system is poor quality, poor support and not worth the money.

As for the support survey it takes over 25 minutes to do and for what, to sit in a file and no-one to bother dealing with it.

Netgear quality is terrible.

Message 36 of 38
TheTraveller
Aspirant

Thanks

Incidentally the setup wizard has been walked through each time, 4 different devices had the cache wiped clear each time. So somehow there are fundamental flaws with Netgear.

If only it were that easy to send them back and get a refund, first of all Netgesr have to acknowledge there is an issue, which requires them responding in a timely manner.

This lot is going in the dustbin and I will steer clear of any net gear products in future.
Message 37 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Others haven't mentioned this so probably not a FW issue. 

Good Luck. 

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7