Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 lose internet connection daily

fb894
Guide

RBR750 lose internet connection daily

I have an ORBI RBR750 with 2 satelites.

Modem is arris TM1602

my old router from my isp is disconnected. 

Firmware is the latest on router and satelites. 

I loose my internet connection atleast once a day, wifi and hardwired devices. The magenta light comes on, i can reboot router or just unplug the wan cable to get working again. During that all the proper lights on modem stay on.

The modem was changed after second call to NG support, which did not help. ISP checked all lines and signal. ISP said there is only a LAG setting in their routers, not this modem. RG6 llines in house are good. Modem does not reboot when disconnecting the RBR and connecting a wire from PC to modem.

NG support had my factory reset 3 times, flash the firmware and change other settings with channels. Still nothing helps. When i disconnect the RBR and hookup the old router i have no problem. The RBR and sattelites work great when they are working. But i cant be loosing my connection this often. 

Any help would be appreciated. If not i will have to return it. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 lose internet connection daily

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box.

Be sure the LAN cable between the RBR and modem is of good quality. CAT6 is recommended. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Does the RBR do this if you turn OFF the RBS? 

Do you have Armor enabled? 

You may want to try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Intermittent-DNS-Errors-and-WiFi-Issues/m-p/2008879/highlig...

Message 2 of 13
fb894
Guide

Firmware is V3.2.16.6_1.4.4 On router and both satelites 

i changed the cat 5 to a cat 6

Armor has been off

Have not tried router without satelites yet.

ISP supplies line to house which then uses a splitter for entire house. which is only splitter to the router.

I see the link provided recommends a FW update to the old FW last used. Is that possibly the solution?

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this newer version of FW and see if this helps:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-Firmware-Out-Today/m-p/2005684/highlight/true#M9268

If not, revert to the older version as mentioned in the other link.

I would have the ISP sure the signal to the modem is good. Splitters can cause problems.

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, skip the new FW, thats for the 8 series Orbi..sorry about that. I don't see one yet for the 7 series. 

Message 5 of 13
zignice
Aspirant

Had the same issue with RBR850. After many calls to tech support, they sent me a replacement. Now the replacement has the same issue as well as now I often lose the ability to connect to the router via the app or web portal and have to reboot to reestablish a connection. 

Message 6 of 13
fb894
Guide

After a few weeks now I have not lost internet connection until 2 days ago. I started disconnecting cable lines to the cable tv boxes . It appeared that on another cable line in my house there was a problem that was not noticable to the tv but the router was affected by it. And they were not on same cable line. I updated to the new FW .I do not see it listed in the downloads, but was able to have it DL automatic. would like to know what fixes it addressed.  hope that it solves any last issues of losing internet connections. Only last option would be to have another line run from the pole to my house only for the modem.

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to power OFF the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds then back ON after a FW update.

Will have to wait tosee what the release notes are. I presume the maybe simiar to the 8 series:

New Features and Enhancements:

• Includes RIPng support for China NAL certification
  • Updates the BDF table

It's not much to go on. Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 13
fb894
Guide

Thanks for that 30 second tip. It actually helped work out a few little quirks. Only quirk left is on the app, the speed test fails to connect. but i can live with that if I have too. And it appears that the latest FW that they pushed to me is the same version as the one for 8 series. 3.2.16.22

Still have to hope that there will be no more internet disconnects. Thanks for the help

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, let us know. 
Make contact with NG support to report any Orbi app connection issues. 

Message 10 of 13
fb894
Guide

So its been another 2 weeks of getting disconnected everyday. Support did what they do. And the community was very helpful. But now support wants me to pay for support, but they could not fix it the first 90 days, so why should i pay for them to do the same thing. I am returning system to store and find another mesh system. 

Message 11 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Good Luck. 

Message 12 of 13
telnetdoogie
Tutor

Did you return it yet? Sounds like a possible address conflict. Are you using DHCP for the Orbi or a fixed address? Possible if you’re using a fixed address that some other device is getting the same address and they’re knocking each other off the network.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7