Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 Double NAT Type error after 2 days

ClutchRaid
Aspirant

RBR850 Double NAT Type error after 2 days

Recently purchased the Wifi 6 Orbi mesh wifi system. After 2 days, I'm no longer able to sign into routerlogin no matter how many times I try and change the password it still won't let me sign in. I also get "Double NAT" error from the Xbox One and if I play games on the PC (only microsoft/xbox games that are on PC as well) I get randomly dropped out from the game every 15 minutes or so. This is extremely frustrating. Any and all help is appreciated!
Both the xbox and PC are connected the the RBS850 sattelite
Orbi RBR850 Router
Orbi RBS850 Sattelite
Arris Surfboard Modem

Message 1 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Seen this before since AX came out. 

Message 2 of 31
skott79
Guide

@ClutchRaid wrote:

Recently purchased the Wifi 6 Orbi mesh wifi system. After 2 days, I'm no longer able to sign into routerlogin no matter how many times I try and change the password it still won't let me sign in. I also get "Double NAT" error from the Xbox One and if I play games on the PC (only microsoft/xbox games that are on PC as well) I get randomly dropped out from the game every 15 minutes or so. This is extremely frustrating. Any and all help is appreciated!
Both the xbox and PC are connected the the RBS850 sattelite
Orbi RBR850 Router
Orbi RBS850 Sattelite
Arris Surfboard Modem

I'm having this same issue and came here for this! When I play on Xbox games I'm constantly dropping out of games and when I was wired to a satellite on my RBK850 I was getting a double NAT issue. They need to fix this ASAP as I work from home, it seems to be with the latest firmware I'm assuming.

I'm running the RBK853 (1 router, 2 satellites), Docsis 3.1 Netgear modem w/ gigabit connection

Firmware: V3.2.10.11_1.2.12

Message 3 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

The RBR850 is currently on V3.2.10.11.

The RBS850 is currently on V3.2.10.11.

The Mfr of the modem is Arris.

The model # is SB6183.

Message 4 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Also power OFF the Arris modem for 30 seconds then back on. 

Be sure to clear out any PC network caches or power OFF the PC fully, including the power switch in back if there is one. Then back on after 30 seconds. If your using a game console like xbox, hold the front power button until the console shuts off. After the modem and RBR are back online, power ON the xbox and check NAT status under Settings/Networking. Port used should be 3074 and say OPEN. 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

If this still fails, Please contact the forum moderator if your having problems with the lastest version of FW:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/m-p/1871943/...

Thank you.

@ClutchRaid wrote:

The RBR850 is currently on V3.2.10.11.

The RBS850 is currently on V3.2.10.11.

The Mfr of the modem is Arris.

The model # is SB6183.

Message 5 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

I have not done a factory reset, but I'm also unable to sign in to routerlogin. It keeps making me reset my password then tells me the new password is incorrect.

Message 6 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear your browser cache first, exit the broser then relaunch. Try a different browser as well. I use Opera.

Message 7 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

So I've done a factory reset of the Orbi system and still get the "Double NAT" error. I also rebooted the arris modem several times now and have rebooted the sattelite and router several times now. I'm able to access router login now after doing the factory reset.

Message 8 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you connect your PC and or xbox directly to the RBR? 

Be sure to hard power OFF the xbox by pressing the front power button and hold it until the xbox shuts off. Then connect to the RBR then power ON. Should have OPEN NAT here. 

Message 9 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

I can't connect them to the RBR based off of where the devices sit and are set up at and where the RBR is. I could turn the satellite off and then try the xbox that way though. But what could I do to try and fix this Double NAT issue? It has to lie with the satellite I'm sure. It gives me Double NAT and strict NAT type on the xbox and spotty connection on the PC.

Message 10 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, turn OFF the RBS. Configure the xbox to ensure it will connects wirelessly to the RBR. Once this is done. Hard power OFF the xbox by pressing the front power button and hold it until the xbox shuts off. Reboot both ISP Modem and RBR and let them come to ready. Once they are up, power ON the xbox. Check NAT status here. Should have OPEN NAT here. 

Message 11 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

It is Open when the satellite is turned off, but connection isn't amazing due to distance from the RBR.

Message 12 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Is the FW on the RBS the same as the RBR? Just checking. 

Seems like the RBS is causing problems. 

Have you factory reset the RBS alone, then re-added it to the RBR? 

What is the current CTS and RTS values on the RBR? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 13 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

The FW is the same.

I have not tried resetting just the satellite by itself.

Here is a link to a SS of that settings page:

https://imgur.com/UaXgsBy

Message 14 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, lets reset the RBS. Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds the release. I would bring the RBS to where the RBR is, say 10 feet. Reset then setup the RBS and re-sync it to the RBR. Once it's synced and added and it appears on the RBRs web page. Turn it off and put it back in the remote location. 

I remember seeing this with mine however I haven't tested mine for a while since having other problems. I'll check with mine again this weekend. 

Message 15 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

Tried that and I still receive the Double NAT error after it.

Edit: After 15 min went by, tried the NAT test again on xbox and have gotten OPEN now twice. Don't know if it will stay open but it's a start

Message 16 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully between the RBS and xbox, you should be good. Keep an eye on it. 

Message 17 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 18 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

I am actually receiving the same issue again now so I'm unsure if I'd be of much help

Message 19 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Even with the RBS turned OFF? 

Message 20 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

With the RBS turned off it’s okay, but for my PC it needs to be on as my PC is wired into it with Ethernet. I just started receiving the Double NAT error again on the Xbox and am getting kicked from games every 15 minutes almost on the dot
Message 21 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable uPnP  on the RBR and put the xbox IP address into the DMZ on the RBR.

You might try this on the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

Message 22 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

What is DMZ?
Message 23 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 24 of 31
ClutchRaid
Aspirant

I did not try putting the xbox in the DMZ, but downgrading the firmware and blocking future updates has worked for me for sure! No problems now on the old firmware.

Message 25 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7