Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

All of us have put a lot of time and effort trying to resolve our unique network issues (no firmware is an answer to all people and all issues) but I did try reverting to 3.2.9.2 (my RBK 852 is in AP mode). The router and satellite indicated an update available (3.2.10.11) and when I clicked the update button both units upgraded without a hitch. I did a hard reset on both units and setup as a new system using the Orbi app (same SSID and password before the reset and did NOT reload a previous config file). Both 5G and 2.4G wireless channels were set on a channel to avoid interference locally, CTS/RTS set to 2347, 20/40 coexistence deselected on the 2.4G wireless channel. My previous issue with 3.2.9.2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless channels) and my PS4 Pro connectivity has vanished. No issues or dropouts experienced to date (now 2 days operative). 

Message 301 of 362
pedroy
Tutor

New firmware posted... this firmware works!
Message 302 of 362
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

@pedroy wrote:
New firmware posted... this firmware works!

What?! Now I'm scared. It's been working soooo well for the past few days 😱

Message 303 of 362
pedroy
Tutor

I’ve been testing it for a week now. I don’t have issues so far...
Message 304 of 362
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

@pedroy wrote:

Wait, are you talking about 3.2.10.11? It's not new as of today... You scared me.

Message 305 of 362
d1mmy
Apprentice

3.2.10.11_2.1.12 is the same firmware that started this mess.  It isn't new.  I have seen reports that Netgear claims the issue was "in the cloud" with no additional explanation of how or why that would impact LAN/WiFi performance.  I have, to this point, still been having issues.  I recently disabled the AX WiFi setting/features, and that may have improved connectivity with my WeMo devices and Pixel 2 XL phone that were seeing regular disconnection issues.  Yesterday was particularly bad for my WeMo devices.  Before I disabled AX features on my WiFi yesterday, 90% of them had been offline (not connected to WiFi, so nothing to do with Belkin's cloud...not able to connect to my LAN) for hours.

Message 306 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

v10.11 was reposted on NGs download site I believe last week sometime. So users can have access to actual files again.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk853.aspx#download

It has been posted on the site however was remove after users complained of having problems. This has since been resolved due to the issues not being related to the actual FW or files that came down from NG. The issues were on there cloud systems which have been fixed. 

Users have been posting good operation after NG fixed the issues on there side on 3/19.

For users continuing to have problems after 3/19, please make a new post and we can being troubleshooting the problem to see where it maybe. This thread is getting long and the topic of this thread has been fixed. 

@TURBOGUARD wrote:

@pedroy wrote:

Wait, are you talking about 3.2.10.11? It's not new as of today... You scared me.

Message 307 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

v10.11 was reposted on NGs download site I believe last week sometime. So users can have access to actual files again.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk853.aspx#download

It has been posted on the site however was remove after users complained of having problems. This has since been resolved due to the issues not being related to the actual FW or files that came down from NG. The issues were on there cloud systems which have been fixed. 

Users have been posting good operation after NG fixed the issues on there side on 3/19.

For users continuing to have problems after 3/19, please make a new post and we can being troubleshooting the problem to see where it maybe. This thread is getting long and the topic of this thread has been fixed. 

@d1mmy wrote:

3.2.10.11_2.1.12 is the same firmware that started this mess.  It isn't new.  I have seen reports that Netgear claims the issue was "in the cloud" with no additional explanation of how or why that would impact LAN/WiFi performance.  I have, to this point, still been having issues.  I recently disabled the AX WiFi setting/features, and that may have improved connectivity with my WeMo devices and Pixel 2 XL phone that were seeing regular disconnection issues.  Yesterday was particularly bad for my WeMo devices.  Before I disabled AX features on my WiFi yesterday, 90% of them had been offline (not connected to WiFi, so nothing to do with Belkin's cloud...not able to connect to my LAN) for hours.

Message 308 of 362
pedroy
Tutor

Yes, the latest version is a report with the fix in it.  Please reinstall the latest firmware and make sure you save your configuration and restore after installation and factory reset.

Message 309 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Please let us know if this has been finally resolved for you and how your system is working. This issue has been fixed by NG on there side and wasn't a FW issue. A reload of FW maybe neeeded if you haven't done this already. Other user have reported that the problem has been fixed for them since 3/19. 

@MeGrimlock wrote:

Yesterday 3/9, starting at about 6AM EST, my Orbi system is disconnecting my Nest Cameras and Thermostat and my work laptop every 10-20 mins or so.  I have about 20 devices connected to my mesh system, and my NEST devices and my work laptop seem to be the only devices being dropped consistently, at least that i can verify right now.  I have two Xbox's running at the same time for streaming and gaming, my sons PC does not drop, phones don't drop, etc. But since yesterday, every 10 mins or so my work laptop and Nest devcies drop from the network, then reconnect after about 2-3 mins.  I have had the Orbi AX system for about 3 weeks (coming from the AC version) and my performance across my network has been stellar - until yesterday morning at 6AM EST.

I've tried soft rebooting the system, i've power cycled everything, and the issue persists.  I have not tried downgrading firmware.

My Firmware version is 3.2.10.11

Message 310 of 362
tigerisak
Guide

I still have major issues with my stream disconnects from my IPTV even after the FW-update. Everything is hardwired. Same issue with Apple TV and my LG Smart TV. Any ideas?

SVT1_HD.png

Message 311 of 362
warpdag
Apprentice

First of all, the firmware was never updated.

Upon many requests, we were given some half baked "cloud" excuse.

Now, some of us are forced to move on and buy another AP.

Even though speeds were good, disconnects are not acceptable.

Time to sell on fleabay, the router still sells at a decent price.

Good luck to y'all.

Eventually, they might get it right (it will take quite a while).

And please stay safe, we're living in strange times.

Retiring from this forum once and for all...

Message 312 of 362
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Thanks Tigerisak for posting your PingPlotter graph for a 12 hour period (I use PingPlotter myself). After looking closely at your output the good news is that your problem is fixable-the bad news is that you will have to do battle with your ISP. If you look at your output there is an error "ERR" column-these are lost packets by definition from the PingPlotter website-"If a number is displayed as ERR , that means the packet was lost". This starts occuring from hop 4 to hop 5 (green buttons on the left side)-the output that you provided shows a 51 count (hop 5) for packet loss. Looking at the IP address where this occurs it is most probably (you would know better than I) where it first hits your ISP. Looking at your first 4 hops there is no ERR info hence no packet loss up to hop 4 to hop 5. I do see that you are using your RBK852 in router mode hence the first hop is 192.168.1.1 and 4 hops later is the source of your problem. Here is help on how to present your case using PingPlotter to your ISP:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/outside-network-problems.html 

Message 313 of 362
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

"First of all, the firmware was never updated.

Good luck to y'all.

Retiring from this forum once and for all..."

Sorry it did not work for you-good luck and stay safe in all your future endeavors

@warpdag 

Message 314 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

@warpdag wrote:

First of all, the firmware was never updated.

Good luck to y'all.

Retiring from this forum once and for all...

Message 315 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post about your problems. This thread is considered solved. 

Please review what @dglsmcd_USMC has posted as well. 

In a new post please post and include your ISP and modem information and we can go from there. Or continute to post in your original thread here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Major-issues-with-packet-loss/m-p/1876894#M2373

Be sure to ping test with a PC directly connected to the ISP modem to rule out any Orbi interferences.

Hopefully you can talk to your ISP and have them help with there side of things. 

Thank you. 

@tigerisak wrote:

I still have major issues with my stream disconnects from my IPTV even after the FW-update. Everything is hardwired. Same issue with Apple TV and my LG Smart TV. Any ideas?

SVT1_HD.png

Message 316 of 362
pedroy
Tutor

Have you tried to factory reset your router after reinstall? I did factory reset after installing yhr firmware and that seems to have worked well,
Message 317 of 362
d1mmy
Apprentice

Everyone who is still having issues, please try disabling AX on your wireless network.  So far that is working for me, however it means that this router's primary selling point is disabled.

Message 318 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible there is a incompatible driver with between the Orbi AX and your connected wifi devices. I have only seen one issue in FW that effected my 3rd gen NEST controller. Yes, disabling AX fixed it short term, however NG went in and fix it in FW as well so I could re-enable AX on the RBR. 

Been working ever since accept for the new CTS and RTS values. If users also notice issues with there wifi devices, Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

If after changing these values and you are still experiencing wifi problems with your wifi devices, please file a support ticket and let NG know about it. https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Also please start a new post thread for any problems seen on your Orbi systems as this thread problems have been resolved. 

Message 319 of 362
d1mmy
Apprentice

For reference, the devices having issues with AX enabled on these routers includes everything from WeMo (Belkin) as well as, to a lesser degree, my Pixel 2 XL.  There may have been others, but those are the ones I'm aware of.  Also, all of these devices were working fine before the March 9 firmware update from Netgear as far as I can recall.  I think this is a Netgear firmware/driver issue, not a device driver issue.

Message 320 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Someting to file a support tickect, collect debug logs and submit them. Reverence the prior working version of FW as well. 

@d1mmy wrote:

For reference, the devices having issues with AX enabled on these routers includes everything from WeMo (Belkin) as well as, to a lesser degree, my Pixel 2 XL.  There may have been others, but those are the ones I'm aware of.  Also, all of these devices were working fine before the March 9 firmware update from Netgear as far as I can recall.  I think this is a Netgear firmware/driver issue, not a device driver issue.

Message 321 of 362
computim
Luminary

Anyone experiencing issues with UPnP on the latest firmware with the RBR850?  I've downgraded and upgraded again but I can not get the UPNP to work?  I've factory reset and configured from scratch but no go.  Checking in with NG support as well but thought I'd float the question here too.  Might need to move to another thread but not sure if it's related to the latest firmware challenges we faced.

Tim

Message 322 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

I haven't seen any uPnP issues with v10.11. It's the first version of FW that works in router mode and my xbox console. Finally gets correct NAT status. 

Please a new forum post for this. 

@computim wrote:

Anyone experiencing issues with UPnP on the latest firmware with the RBR850?  I've downgraded and upgraded again but I can not get the UPNP to work?  I've factory reset and configured from scratch but no go.  Checking in with NG support as well but thought I'd float the question here too.  Might need to move to another thread but not sure if it's related to the latest firmware challenges we faced.

Tim

Message 323 of 362
computim
Luminary

Hey Furry - Thank you for the reply.. The informational piece of it was great.. The please move to another post is a given and I even stated so in my post.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to direct people.  Are you a forum moderator?  Your help and experience is welcomed but unless something is not aligned I don't need to be told what to do at this point in my life.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I haven't seen any uPnP issues with v10.11. It's the first version of FW that works in router mode and my xbox console. Finally gets correct NAT status. 

Please a new forum post for this. 

@computim wrote:

Tim

Thanks

Good luck!

Tim

Message 324 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Try to get new problems into new posts. This thread is getting long in the pants and makes it hard to keep on track and not hijack the thread which the subject has been solved most of the users. Please don't take my requests out of context. Just trying to help keep problems in areas where we can all help get them resolved as best as we can. Sorry, I'm not trying to tell you what to do either. Only asking. I did include Please. 

Thank you for starting a new thread. Now lets see if we can figure it out. 

@computim wrote:

Hey Furry - Thank you for the reply.. The informational piece of it was great.. The please move to another post is a given and I even stated so in my post.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to direct people.  Are you a forum moderator?  Your help and experience is welcomed but unless something is not aligned I don't need to be told what to do at this point in my life.

Message 325 of 362
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7