Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

scanlont
Aspirant

RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

My Orbi RBR850 will turn on blocking services for my son's xbox at the time scheduled to block services every night at 10:00.  But it will keep blocking them in perpetuity and not unblock them at the scheduled time at 7 am every morning.  It's driving me nuts and I can't find an answer.  I can see all of the services still getting blocked in the logs.

The timestamp isn't the issue.  I've also been through a few firmware updates and those don't fix the problem.  I've reset to factory settings and reset the router a few times.  It seems like a fatal flaw to have such an advanced system make it so difficult to try and shut down services so the kids aren't up all night gaming and also to have the relegated non-intuitive process also not work.  

My old cheap netgear did this just fine, but for some reason couldn't handle my wife's MS Team meetings. 

Has anyone else hit this situation and found a fix.  

Firmware Version
V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Schedule blocks services, but does not unblock.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 9
HomeUserguy
Aspirant

I have a similar problem with the 850.. you would thinkg for the top model basic feature would work.  I have found the schedule doesnt seem to respect the days of the week.  The time on it seems to work for me.

I would validate you NTP settings to make sure they are accurate.

Logon to Orib

Advanced --> Admin --> NTP

check the date and time to make sure it matches.

Message 3 of 9
HomeUserguy
Aspirant

Message 4 of 9
scanlont
Aspirant

It took me two weeks to find a good time to do that, but no dice.  It's still filtering past the scheduled time.  The old cheap Netgear gaming router was so easy to block my kids from wireless at night.  I can't believe that I had to pay 4 times that for a system just because Team Meetings were having an issue.  I don't understand why a company that has great controls on the inexpesive system can't seem to implement them on the Rolls Royce.

Message 5 of 9
scanlont
Aspirant

Thanks for the ideas.  I've restored to factory 4 times now.  Which is always a three hour hassle for the family in lockdown.  I've probably checked the date/time 20+ times.  

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have IP address reservations set up on the RBR for our devices your trying to control? 

How many devices are you controlling? 

@scanlont wrote:

Thanks for the ideas.  I've restored to factory 4 times now.  Which is always a three hour hassle for the family in lockdown.  I've probably checked the date/time 20+ times.  

Message 7 of 9
scanlont
Aspirant

I do, just for that 1 device, an XBOX.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reach out to NG support to see if there maybe any additional information on this. Let them know what your seeing. Something I don't happen to use on my system here. I would agree the control should work as expected.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7