Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 magenta light

skyward1
Apprentice

RBR850 magenta light

Hello,

I have the Orbi RBK852 (RBR850 router + RBS850 satellite) system with Firmware v3.2.9.2_1.2.4.

I have been getting a solid magenta light on the router, but do not seem to have any issues with the Internet or WiFi.  The magenta light will go off when I logon to the router.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sky

Message 1 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Nothing at the moment. Happens in AP mode as well. I've put in a bug report for this. Just know untill they fix this that you can log in and the front LED will turn Off. Will happen if the connection with the Modem or Main host router is broke then re-established. Doesn't effect internet or wifi operation. 

Hopefully NG will get it fixed. 

Message 2 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

Thanks Furry!

I went ahead and submitted a ticket, as well.

Message 3 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

They had me do the magic default reset and told me that if the light problem continued, they would replace the system.

So, I did the reset and it took about 2 hours to get the router and modem happy with each other.

Message 5 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if it happens again. You can test this out by pulling the WAN cable from the back of the RBR for 5 seconds then plug it back in. Front LED should go PINK, then should go back out. If it doesn't, then log back in to the RBRs web page then it should go out. Seems to be a FW issue from what I experience. Should not need a RMA. 

Message 6 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

Thanks Furry,

I'm just going to leave it alone and see what happens.  I feel it's a FW issue, as well, but I am going to follow their request and have it replaced if it happens again.  Perhaps a new FW is coming soon?

Sky

Message 7 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

You can give this a try if you like. I haven't loaded it as of yet. I'm going to this weekend. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-SAMSUNG-TV-BT/m-p/1861347/highlight/true#M1283

@skyward1 wrote:

Thanks Furry,

I'm just going to leave it alone and see what happens.  I feel it's a FW issue, as well, but I am going to follow their request and have it replaced if it happens again.  Perhaps a new FW is coming soon?

Sky

Message 8 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

No, but thanks Furry.  I'm just going to wait it out.

Message 9 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Ill load it up and check it out this weekend. 

Message 10 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

Good luck and let us know!

Message 11 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so I have the v3.2.10 loaded, RBS first, then RBR lastly. RBR is in AP mode. Just loaded FW. No factory resets. After the FW was loaded and everything was back to ready, I pulled the LAN cable from the back of my router to the RBR, the front LED turned ON PINK. I then plugged in back in. After about 2 seconds the front LED turned back ON. I didn't have to log in. I tried it once more, left the LAN cable disconnected for 15 seconds this time then reconnected. Front LED came on PINK, then about 5 seconds later the front LED turned OFF. 

Seems to be fixed. Though someone could check theres in router mode. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

FURRYe38, I installed the beta firmware to try..
Running just fine however if I try the "check for firmware update" tab I get "service unreachable" message for the RBR850, nothing for the satellite. I realize this is beta but want to make sure it's not just me😁
Message 13 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Pic attached
Message 14 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm getting No New FW Available however my RBR is in AP mode...

This the first time you seen this? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modm your RBR is connected too? 

@KMDonlon wrote:
Running just fine however if I try the "check for firmware update" tab I get "service unreachable" message for the RBR850, nothing for the satellite. I realize this is beta but want to make sure it's not just me😁

@KMDonlon wrote:

Message 15 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Non issue prior but I am in router mode... Perhaps that is it
Message 16 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

I took my RBR850 off line and will set it up into Router mode and let you know what I find there. 

What is the Mfr and model# of your ISP Modem the RBR is connected too? 

I wouldn't worry too much about the FW update. Possible that the upate we are using is not been fully tested or accepted and put up on the server thus the update checker if giving a false negative. 

Message 17 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

My ISP is Cox, it is their standard Nokia ONT.

Let me know, curious for sure. Otherwise, all is working very well.
Message 18 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

There a model # on this ONT? Built in router here or just ONT only? 

Just checked after my RBR was configured about 30 minutes ago. 

RouterRBR850RBR850V3.2.10.1No New Firmware Available
Message 19 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Regular old ONT - Nokia 7368 ISAM G-010G-A

I didn't do a full reset after upgrading the firmware... Dunno what else it could be
Message 20 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try a reset, I reset mine from AP mode as I wanted to reconfigure from scratch. 

Message 21 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Re-installed V3.2.9.2_1.2.4 and it works again, did not do a factory reset. May try from scratch when I have more time.
Message 22 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

ok. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Tried it after setting up from scratch, same issue of service unreachable showing on just the router, I'll just stick with V3.2.9.2_1.2.4 for now and wait for the official firmware update from Netgear.

Message 24 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok No problem. The Pink LED problem isn't a show stopper anyways. 

Message 25 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7