Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 magenta light

KMDonlon
Luminary

Agreed, just odd that's all.... would like to figure out why it is happening but I am unable to think of anything else to try 😉
Message 26 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure. I've asked NG to see if they can post some beta FW for users to try. Will see. You can load the v10 and try it out for a while. Even if the FW update check doesn't work, this would probably be resolve in the next official. Or just keep what ya got loaded for now. 

Message 27 of 38
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @KMDonlon

Our support team is looking into this and would like to work with you.  I will send you a private message requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 28 of 38
KMDonlon
Luminary

Responded 👍
Message 29 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

Update on my original-----

I did an RMA on the router, per Netgear support.  I received the new router, got it configured, updated the firmware to V3.2.9.2_1.2.4, and was up-and-running.  No magenta light for the first few days, but then the magenta light on issue returned...sort of.  The magenta light seems to come on less often with this one.  Sometimes, when the magenta light is on, there is no Internet.  But other times, when the magenta light is on, there is Internet.  Either case, the magenta light will go off when I logon to the router in the web gui (doesn't work that way in the app) and the Internet status on the Home page shows GOOD after a few moments.

It sure looks like a firmware issue to me.  The NG support tech said she would keep my ticket open for a while and will be looking in the community for chat about the same or similar issues (like this one).  I will let you all know if/when I find out something concrete.

sky

Message 30 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

You should try the beta...I haven't seen this issue since loading up a beta version.

@skyward1 wrote:

Update on my original-----

I did an RMA on the router, per Netgear support.  I received the new router, got it configured, updated the firmware to V3.2.9.2_1.2.4, and was up-and-running.  No magenta light for the first few days, but then the magenta light on issue returned...sort of.  The magenta light seems to come on less often with this one.  Sometimes, when the magenta light is on, there is no Internet.  But other times, when the magenta light is on, there is Internet.  Either case, the magenta light will go off when I logon to the router in the web gui (doesn't work that way in the app) and the Internet status on the Home page shows GOOD after a few moments.

It sure looks like a firmware issue to me.  The NG support tech said she would keep my ticket open for a while and will be looking in the community for chat about the same or similar issues (like this one).  I will let you all know if/when I find out something concrete.

sky

Message 31 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

I just got another response from NG Support.  The tech ('Angel') asked me to try rolling back to the previous firmware version, that there was no beta available and she(?) did not know when a new firmware was coming.  I told her that I was finished doing her troubleshooting and that the NG Community is using a beta right now.  I can't believe that this was NG Support saying this!  Aren't they supposed to be the 'buck stops here' people?

So, would someone please direct me to the beta download, so I can get this done?

Thank you!

sky

Message 32 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes 1st level phone suppose doesn't have all the info from higher levels. 
Please send a PM to @Christian_R and he will give you access to the beta forum.

@skyward1 wrote:

I just got another response from NG Support.  The tech ('Angel') asked me to try rolling back to the previous firmware version, that there was no beta available and she(?) did not know when a new firmware was coming.  I told her that I was finished doing her troubleshooting and that the NG Community is using a beta right now.  I can't believe that this was NG Support saying this!  Aren't they supposed to be the 'buck stops here' people?

So, would someone please direct me to the beta download, so I can get this done?

Thank you!

sky

Message 33 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

Thanks, Furry!  🙂 

Message 34 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Have a good weekend.

Message 35 of 38
Eroach
Guide

I noticed this when a devices is hardwired. I no longer have anything hardwired from the router and all lights are off.

Message 36 of 38
skyward1
Apprentice

You too, Furry.  BTW, I just installed the beta fw V3.2.10.1_1.2.8

Hopefully, that will improve my weekend and many others!  🙂

sky

Message 37 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Thats the version that should fix this. Let us know. 

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7