Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 - no access to interface

FURRYe38
Guru

And yet we have this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-no-access-to-interface/m-p/2014467/highlight/true#M9...

What version of Fw is currently running on your new system? 

@kevinroy1974 wrote:
UPDATE : So after returning my rbk853 to amazon, I got them to replace them with another set. This is now over a week ago, I set them up exactly the same as the first set and guess what, no issues at all, working fine never been off no issues. admin working on mobile and on direct Web browser.

I have a suspicion the reason netgear can't replicate this is that there's a batch of ones with issues out there.
Will update with any issues next week but after a week of perfection not expecting to be saying anything tbh.

Message 101 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Limo with pick you up at 7pm. Been in your finest dress. Smiley Wink

@FarmerBob1 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Still wanna get my hands on your Orbi. Smiley Wink

You are quite a forward kinda guy. Nothing until I get a "Socially Distanced" Dinner, Drinks (LOTS OF DRINKS) and Dancing. Then we'll see . . . Smiley Tongue

Message 102 of 168
kevinroy1974
Tutor

Fw 3.2.16.22 over the air std firmware not manually updated, just straight out the box it did its fw update on install that was it.
Message 103 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. 

Message 104 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

@kevinroy1974 wrote:
Fw 3.2.16.22 over the air std firmware not manually updated, just straight out the box it did its fw update on install that was it.

Did you activate "IP reservation" in your system ? 

Since I desactivate this option by deleting all reservations, my system is stable (almost 3 days)

Message 105 of 168
zignice
Aspirant

It's been happening to me as well. I have the latest firmware. Every couple of days I cannot gain access to the router via the app or the web. The only way to get access is to reboot. 

Message 106 of 168
kevinroy1974
Tutor

No IP Reservation activated, I left everything default didnt activate anything other than changed deafult LAN IP Range from 192.168.1.x to 10.0.0.x 

Kevin

Message 107 of 168
mapotter99
Star

I’ve had IP reservations for the past year on this system, and no problems until the past couple of months. The recently released firmware update did not fix it for me, either auto-installing or manually installing.
Message 108 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Setup with out any IP address reservations and IPv6 disabled.

Message 109 of 168
sas123
Star

Mine still remains stable for more than a week after manual update to V3.2.16.22_1.4.9.

What I don't undestand is all these recommendations of disabling features (e.g. IP reservation, etc.).  With all due respect, those are not real solutions but perhaps turn arounds. It's like paying full price for a Ferrari but being told you can only use 4 cylinders; otherwise, the car is going to leave you stranded.

This requires a real fix by Netgear.  

I can't comment on other people's experiences; but for me, it seems the above firmware has fixed my issue with regard to lack of access to the interface.

Cheers,

Message 110 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Just troubleshooting steps is all.

Do you any IP reservations? Just curious. 

I don't have any set  on mine. I guess I can add some and see. 

@sas123 wrote:

Mine still remains stable for more than a week after manual update to V3.2.16.22_1.4.9.

What I don't undestand is all these recommendations of disabling features (e.g. IP reservation, etc.).  With all due respect, those are not real solutions but perhaps turn arounds. It's like paying full price for a Ferrari but being told you can only use 4 cylinders; otherwise, the car is going to leave you stranded.

This requires a real fix by Netgear.  

I can't comment on other people's experiences; but for me, it seems the above firmware has fixed my issue with regard to lack of access to the interface.

Cheers,

Message 111 of 168
mapotter99
Star

With all due respect, I’ll let Netgear do the heavy lifting for what is obviously a firmware bug, given the length of this thread, rather than completely undoing my entire network as a bandaid.

In the meantime, I’ll just reboot my Orbi every day.
Message 112 of 168
sas123
Star

Yes, I do have one third of my network (over 80 devices) with reserved IP addresses.

Message 113 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, good to know. Ya, seems like a clean manual load is a good step. I've never had good faith in using the updater on the RBR. I prefer loading the files myself and either power OFF the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds or just doing a full factory reset and setup from scratch. 

@sas123 wrote:

Yes, I do have one third of my network (over 80 devices) with reserved IP addresses.

Message 114 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ok, good to know. Ya, seems like a clean manual load is a good step. I've never had good faith in using the updater on the RBR. I prefer loading the files myself and either power OFF the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds or just doing a full factory reset and setup from scratch. 

One question : how do you know there is a new update. My system update automatically the night. I should reset and reinstall all the system at each new update ? It's very complicated to do this each time ! @netgear : hurry up to fix this problem please.

Message 115 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

To what version was your system updated last night?

I always check NG  download site:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 116 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

After doing a factory reset the other day and turning off netgear Armor, I have lost access to the interface again today.
Message 117 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

@Dbensette wrote:
After doing a factory reset the other day and turning off netgear Armor, I have lost access to the interface again today.

Message 118 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

I was on the most recent firmware available before the factory reset.
Message 119 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Also What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Happening on the RBRs web page and Orbi app? 

@Dbensette wrote:

Message 120 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

It’s provided by Rogers, it’s a technicolour something I believe. Does 1GB Wi-Fi, although it’s in bridge mode to the orbi.

Browser does the same thing as well. I didn’t have any issues for a few months after purchase, then suddenly in late October or early November I would constantly lose the access a few days after each reboot.
Message 121 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

v6 or v22? 

@Dbensette wrote:
I was on the most recent firmware available before the factory reset.

Message 122 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

Message 123 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

V3.2.16.22_1.4.9.
Message 124 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you update manually and load the FW files or did it come from the RBRs auto update web page?

Message 125 of 168
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7