Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 router led light is solid white

Johngl1
Follower

RBR850 router led light is solid white

My RBR850 router is working fine but the led light is on solid white (the large led light at the bottom of the router).

How can I get it to turn off?  I've done all I can think of - reboot, power cycle, firmware update, factory reset but

it's still on solid white.

Message 1 of 13
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBR850 router led light is solid white

@Johngl1 wrote:

My RBR850 router is working fine but the led light is on solid white (the large led light at the bottom of the router).

How can I get it to turn off?  I've done all I can think of - reboot, power cycle, firmware update, factory reset but

From the manual.

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.

2.Enter orbilogin.com.A login window opens.

3.Enter the router admin user name and password.The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password arecase-sensitive.The BASIC Home page displays.

4.Select Attached Devices.The Attached Devices page displays.

5.Select your satellite.The Edit Device page displays.

6.To turn the LED lighting on, in the LED On/Off section, click the Off button.The top and bottom Light LEDs turn on.

7.To turn the LED lighting off, in the LED On/Off section, click the On button.The top and bottom Light LEDs turn off.

8.Click the APPLY button.Your settings are saved

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to visit the Orbi AX forum for additional help and information:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 13
motesewed
Aspirant

I also have a RBR850 router with a solid white light displaying.  At first the router has a pulsing white light.  I did a hard reset and now it has a solid white light.  It seems to be working fine with either situation, but alas it is not supposed to be on.  I followed the directions in this thread and when I went to the edit section of the satellite, there was no button to turn the led on and off.  I must confess I was confused as to how turning the led on and off on the satellite would impact the light on the router, but thought it was worth a shot.  So my router has been operational without a hitch for 28 days with the solid white light.  Any other suggestions on how to fix it or where to find the elusive led light on/off switch in the software?

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does the front LED turn off when you log into the RBRs web page with a PC and web browser? 

@motesewed wrote:

I also have a RBR850 router with a solid white light displaying.  At first the router has a pulsing white light.  I did a hard reset and now it has a solid white light.  It seems to be working fine with either situation, but alas it is not supposed to be on.  I followed the directions in this thread and when I went to the edit section of the satellite, there was no button to turn the led on and off.  I must confess I was confused as to how turning the led on and off on the satellite would impact the light on the router, but thought it was worth a shot.  So my router has been operational without a hitch for 28 days with the solid white light.  Any other suggestions on how to fix it or where to find the elusive led light on/off switch in the software?

Message 5 of 13
motesewed
Aspirant

It is fiber optic cable so not sure about the modem as it is not in the house.  I have the latest firmware installed and the router had been working flawlessly for two months and just recently started with the lights.

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try to power off the ONT where the fiber comes in then connects to the RBR and see. 

Any ONT information would be helpful...

Message 7 of 13
Chuck_M
Mentor

@Mstrbig wrote:

@Johngl1 wrote:

From the manual.

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.

2.Enter orbilogin.com.A login window opens.

3.Enter the router admin user name and password.The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password arecase-sensitive.The BASIC Home page displays.

4.Select Attached Devices.The Attached Devices page displays.

5.Select your satellite.The Edit Device page displays.

6.To turn the LED lighting on, in the LED On/Off section, click the Off button.The top and bottom Light LEDs turn on.

7.To turn the LED lighting off, in the LED On/Off section, click the On button.The top and bottom Light LEDs turn off.

8.Click the APPLY button.Your settings are saved

There is no such LED menu entry in my RBR850 with Firmware 3.2.17.12_1.4.14

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@motesewed wrote:

It is fiber optic cable so not sure about the modem as it is not in the house.  I have the latest firmware installed and the router had been working flawlessly for two months and just recently started with the lights.

Message 9 of 13
motesewed
Aspirant

I have a laptop connected directly through the Fiber Optics so I can compare speeds with the RBR 850.  Speeds are comparable from router and the laptop.  I have anywhere from 41 to 50 devices connected (depending on kids visiting) and all have good connections with good streaming and content response.  There are 5 streaming video cameras attached (doorbell and 4 cameras) which work without a flaw.  The only problem I have is the constant light on the router.  The satellite has good backhaul connectivity and no led lights.

My setup:  Windstream Fiber Optics (1 gig up and 1 gig down)>RBK 852 (V3.2.16.22_1.4.9).  This system replaced RBK 40. 

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a full power OFF of the ISP modem and RBR for 1 minute, then back ON. 

Does logging into the RBRs web page do anything to the front LED? 

@motesewed wrote:

I have a laptop connected directly through the Fiber Optics so I can compare speeds with the RBR 850.  Speeds are comparable from router and the laptop.  I have anywhere from 41 to 50 devices connected (depending on kids visiting) and all have good connections with good streaming and content response.  There are 5 streaming video cameras attached (doorbell and 4 cameras) which work without a flaw.  The only problem I have is the constant light on the router.  The satellite has good backhaul connectivity and no led lights.

My setup:  Windstream Fiber Optics (1 gig up and 1 gig down)>RBK 852 (V3.2.16.22_1.4.9).  This system replaced RBK 40. 

Message 11 of 13
motesewed
Aspirant

OK...turning off the modem and the RBR did not turn off the light.  Logging into the RBR does nothing to the light.  The light came on about a month ago after two months of not being on.  For the first three weeks it was a pulsing light and then for about a week it has been a solid light.  Worked with Netgear support for about 6 hours and nothing changed except it went from a pulsing light to a constant light.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems that the RBR maybe faulty in this area. I would ask NG to RMA the RBR. It should remain OFF when working normally. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7