Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS52 vs RBK53

whitandsyd
Follower

RBS52 vs RBK53

Can anyone explain to me why the RBS52 (two pack of RBS50 satellites) costs $110 more than the RBK53 (RBR50 Router + 2 RBS50 Satellites)?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS52 vs RBK53

Please post about this in the main Orbi forum for that series Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Something to ask NG or the retailer about. 

Message 2 of 3
DoctorA
Luminary

Re: RBS52 vs RBK53

Now that the RBS 50 satellites work with the RBR 850 (at least wired) that is a very good question actually. I saw that outrageous price on that large online retailer. I guess supply and demand determines the price. I saw RBK53 two satellite system a month ago at a big wearhouse for $318. It is a shame that the routers can't be used as satellites. it is almost useless by itself unless you live in one room single apartment. Some people are using them in AP mode and risking wifi congestion if you change the wireless channels far different from channels on the main router or risk interference if you don't change channels.  I wonder how much RBS 850 will be when it becomes available? I hope not more than the half of RBK852 $699 price. It will be the same exact situation for the new RBK852 owners looking to add more satellites.

@whitandsyd wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why the RBS52 (two pack of RBS50 satellites) costs $110 more than the RBK53 (RBR50 Router + 2 RBS50 Satellites)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7