Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reserve IP address for my Raspberry Pi

DoctorA
Luminary

Reserve IP address for my Raspberry Pi

Multiple RBR 850 restarts and factory resets during this initial experimental time period is unavoidable and I don't mind ip addresses change every time. Except to control the lights through my Raspberry Pi, the desktop app needs manual entry of the new ip address. In the advanced settings I can't find the tab to assign a permanent ip address to my Raspberry Pi. Any disadvantages doing this?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Bandito
Luminary

Under Advanced Setup-->LAN Setup at the bottom of the screen is where you can reserve an IP address for a particular device on the network.  There should be no problems using a fixed IP address on your network.  It is quite common, especially if you have a NAS or servers on the network.

You can also, on the same screem, limit the range of IP addresses that will be issued by the router and then you can configure the devices you want to have a fixed address to an address in the unissued range by setting the IP address on the device itself.  Either method will work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Bandito
Luminary

Under Advanced Setup-->LAN Setup at the bottom of the screen is where you can reserve an IP address for a particular device on the network.  There should be no problems using a fixed IP address on your network.  It is quite common, especially if you have a NAS or servers on the network.

You can also, on the same screem, limit the range of IP addresses that will be issued by the router and then you can configure the devices you want to have a fixed address to an address in the unissued range by setting the IP address on the device itself.  Either method will work.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping after you setup IP address reservations ON the RBR. Saves time if you need a reset in the future. 

Enjoy. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7