Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Restart RBS850?

MixMaster
Apprentice

Restart RBS850?

All,

I'm a few days into setting up the RBK853 (Router and two Satellites) and have a question or two.

1) I see through the iPhone app or via a browser how I can restart the router but is there a method to restarting the satellites?  I am troubleshooting a new 4K Comcast cable box which is connected to a satellite and it would be great if I could limit any downtime to what's connected to it versus downing the entire WiFi infrastructure.

2) Does the router automatically synchronize with the satellites after any changes are made or do I need to push the Sync button on each satellite manually after pushing Sync on the router?

Thanks in advancee - I appreciate it.

Rick

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
Federico2003
Guide

Hi! Unfortunately, at least for now, it does not seem possible, either from the app or from the satellite interface itself, to restart the satellites. Let's say from this point of view I expect Netgear to improve interfaces and add more options.

It would be nice to restart all the devices, or maybe just one of them.

Bye!

Message 2 of 9
Federico2003
Guide

For your second question, I confirm that if you change the Wireless settings in the Orbi router (such as WPA encryption or wireless channels), they will also change on satellites instantly.

No need to restart or press anything!

Bye!

(sorry for any typos, I translated this text from Italian to English with an automatic translator).

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You have to manually reboot the RBS by power cycling the RBS. 

The RBR will automatically resync with RBS if it's rebooted or power cycled. 

Message 4 of 9
Federico2003
Guide

Yes, right.

Unfortunately there is no way to restart satellites from the web interface or the Orbi app.
As you say, it is in fact necessary to act directly on the on / off button or on the power socket.

Bye!

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

These come in handly though. Smiley Very Happy

https://www.synaccess-net.com/np-02b

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 9
MixMaster
Apprentice

Got it.  I have several TP-Link Smart Plugs that are similar to using the Dlink - I'll give that a shot.  Can you clarify further the Sync buttons?  From what I've read they "push" changes and what I'm NOT clear on is if its always initiated from the router.   I believe I read that after pressing the sync on the router you have two minutes to press sync on the satellites?

Like I said earlier, this is all a new setup for me and I appreciate eveeryone's input.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

To sync press the sync button on the RBS first then on the RBR.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7