Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed Test acting odd

Chuck_M
Mentor

Speed Test acting odd

I have noticed the speed test built into the Web GUI acts odd these days.

Uner the Advanced Tab, Setup and QoS Setup:

When you click on TAKE A SPEEDTEST... it appears to produce a speedtest value from the previous day and does not calculate one on the spot.  

The results are produced instantly when you click TAKE A SPEEDTEST as opposed to how it previously would take a minute or so to measure and evaluate speed.

Anyone else's doing this?

Message 1 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Speed Test acting odd

Update:  The speedtest in the web gui only shows the results of a speedtest taken 2 days ago.  The speed reported did not match the last speedtest taken on the orbi app.  When clicking on TAKE A SPEEDTEST it still instantly shows results and date of two days prior.

Can anyone else please check their webgui to see if this is just me or a system issue

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Will do, just took one test about 30 minutes ago. Doing another now, seems different results.

I do notice that the iPhone Orbi app doesn't seem to get full results on a 1G/50Mbps ISP service. Hitting at around 700Mbps for the down while Ooklas speed test app hits over 900Mbps. 

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Chuck_M wrote:

Update:  The speedtest in the web gui only shows the results of a speedtest taken 2 days ago.  The speed reported did not match the last speedtest taken on the orbi app.  When clicking on TAKE A SPEEDTEST it still instantly shows results and date of two days prior.

Can anyone else please check their webgui to see if this is just me or a system issue

For me, it takes 15-20 seconds for the result of the spped test to come out, exactly as it always did. 

Message 4 of 7
KMDonlon
Luminary

Using the speed test appears to activate some type of QOS settings.... My wifi slows down tremendously after using the speed test and there appears to be no way to turn QOS off or on currently in the GUI
Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Chuck_M wrote:

@Chuck_M  I've just saw the same issue, that the speed test shows the results of the speed test taken 2 days ago.

When this happens in the web GUI, the Orbi app just times out when running a peed test.

Nothing helped to solve the issue except a factory reset. Very wierd issue.

Message 6 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Thanks for letting me know... glad it isn't just me.

So....

• Remote access using Orbi App
  • Device Naming
  • Speed Testing

I wonder when we will start to see movement on some of these issues.

Any tribal knowledge out there on when the next firmware release is?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7