Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sppeed being throttled by the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system AX6000 (RBK852)

Troxbury
Initiate

Sppeed being throttled by the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system AX6000 (RBK852)

I have just installed a Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system AX6000 (RBK852) to take advantage of the higher transfer speeds. I upgraded my network to 1Gb when I connect to my providers router I get between 600-900 Mb. My Netgear device is connected directly the the vendors router but I only get a maximum speedd of 90Mb (10% of what I should be). Netgear throttles the speed.  How do I solve this problem.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Troxbury
Initiate

Re: Sppeed being throttled by the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system AX6000 (RBK852)

Problem Solved. I was using an old ethernet cable. When I changed it things worked.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Sppeed being throttled by the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system AX6000 (RBK852)

1. What modem/gateway are you connecting to? 

2. Check the cable. 90mbps implies it isn't connecting at gigabit speeds. More like 10/100mbps speeds. Get a good quality cat 6 cable and connect tot he modem/gateway to router. 

3. How are you testing? are you hardwired into the router? With what? have you checked that cable? 

Message 2 of 4
Troxbury
Initiate

Problem Solved. I was using an old ethernet cable. When I changed it things worked.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad it worked! If you mark it solved, it might help the next person

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7