Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Synching old RBS50 satellite with new RBK753S-100NAS router?

orbifan12
Follower

Synching old RBS50 satellite with new RBK753S-100NAS router?

Hi -  previously I was using a NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50).  I replaced that system with the NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System with Advanced Cyber Security, 3-pack RBK753S-100NAS. 

Everything is working well with the RBK753S-100NAS which is running firmware v3.21.16.6.

I was wondering if it is possible to pair the old RBS50 (satellite, not the router) with the new RBK753S-100NAS so that I would have three satellites in total.

I have been reset the firmware to factory default on the RBS50.  I have attached it via ethernet to my home system and it it transmitting the factory WiFi SSID - OrbiXX.  Is there any way to change that SSID to the same SSID I am using for my home network so that it is one consistent name for all devices?  I would note, while the SSID is broadcasting the satellite has not been added as a satellite to my Orbi Network Map.

I have tried to login using https://orbiloggin.com/ but neither factory default password or the password for accessing the admin console which I created allow access.  

Would you have any suggestions as to how to access the RBS50 to change the SSID and to add the RBS50 to my Orbi Network Map?

Thank you!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Synching old RBS50 satellite with new RBK753S-100NAS router?

RBS50s must be LAN cable connected to the RBR750 to make them work.

They will be working in AP mode configuration until Netgear makes them compatible wirelessly on the wireless back haul.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Synching old RBS50 satellite with new RBK753S-100NAS router?

RBS50s must be LAN cable connected to the RBR750 to make them work.

They will be working in AP mode configuration until Netgear makes them compatible wirelessly on the wireless back haul.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7