Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to unblock devices on RBR750 after FW update to v4.6.3.7

KManT
Aspirant

Unable to unblock devices on RBR750 after FW update to v4.6.3.7

I installed the new FW 2 days ago when the app showed update available. Since then I can not unblock my daughter's 2 devices (iPad mini and MacBook Air).

The status shows as paused in the App, then I hit play and the device icon turns green. However the device is still blocked.

If I restart the app, the device shows up as Yellow.

When I go to the web interface, it shows the two devices as "Blocked".

In the web interface when I go to "Advanced --> Security --> Access Control", it says "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App".

My Orbi configuration:

1. RBR750 with 2 satellites

2. The router and the satellites are connected via Ethernet Backhaul

3. The main router and one of the satellites connected to external 1G switches so I can have a few devices connected by wire.

4. WAN port connects to ISP's router. The RBR750 is the default NAT and DHCP server for all devices.

Things I have done

1. Deleted the devices in the App after I powered down both devices --> Didn't help

2. The following done in sequence

a. Turn off Wifi on the devices

b. deleted the devices in the App

c. Reboot the router

d. Forget the NW on the devices

e. When the router comes back up, connect to the Network fresh.

--> Still the same result.

3. Switched the devices between the default "Home" Profile and the restricted (age appropriate) profile. --> No change.

It is frsutrating that you broke a function that used to work well. Please let me know what else I can do. 

Thanks

KM

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to unblock devices on RBR750 after FW update to v4.6.3.7

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@KManT wrote:

I installed the new FW 2 days ago when the app showed update available. Since then I can not unblock my daughter's 2 devices (iPad mini and MacBook Air).

The status shows as paused in the App, then I hit play and the device icon turns green. However the device is still blocked.

If I restart the app, the device shows up as Yellow.

When I go to the web interface, it shows the two devices as "Blocked".

In the web interface when I go to "Advanced --> Security --> Access Control", it says "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App".

My Orbi configuration:

1. RBR750 with 2 satellites

2. The router and the satellites are connected via Ethernet Backhaul

3. The main router and one of the satellites connected to external 1G switches so I can have a few devices connected by wire.

4. WAN port connects to ISP's router. The RBR750 is the default NAT and DHCP server for all devices.

Things I have done

1. Deleted the devices in the App after I powered down both devices --> Didn't help

2. The following done in sequence

a. Turn off Wifi on the devices

b. deleted the devices in the App

c. Reboot the router

d. Forget the NW on the devices

e. When the router comes back up, connect to the Network fresh.

--> Still the same result.

3. Switched the devices between the default "Home" Profile and the restricted (age appropriate) profile. --> No change.

It is frsutrating that you broke a function that used to work well. Please let me know what else I can do. 

Thanks

KM

Message 3 of 5
KManT
Aspirant

No, intend to do it on the weekend to minimize down time during the week.
Thanks
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that when you factory reset the RBR and set it up from scratch. Set up minimal settings first. Don't enable Armor, Access Controls or SPC or Traffic Meter. Do a backup config to file here at this point. This will give you a base config file in case you need a reset and need back up and running quickly. 

After you do this, then setup all the other features that you want. Make sure is working as you need too. Then do another backup configuration to file. Then you have a options config file in case a reset is needed later on. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

I recommend setting a IP address reservation on the RBR for any devices that you use in the access controls and in the Orbi app to control block and unblocking of devices. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7