Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updating firmware - Service unreachable / No New Firmware Available but on 3.1.4.7

Z42985
Aspirant

Updating firmware - Service unreachable / No New Firmware Available but on 3.1.4.7

BTW: RBR850, RBS850, RBK852 is not in the model drop down.

The Firmware update page says Service unreachable for RBR850 and for the RBS850 says No New Firmware Available but they are both on 3.1.4.7 but this page seems to indicate a new version of 3.1.5.23 is released: https://kb.netgear.com/000061339/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-1-5-23

Is it common that it doesn't pick up the new version or is just because of a server side error? Is there a way to have it update automatically? I guess I'll try manually updating it now.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Updating firmware - Service unreachable / No New Firmware Available but on 3.1.4.7

You can't upload the ZIP archive. Unpack both (the RBR and RBS) version, and select the RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46-signed.chk  resp. the RBS850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46-signed.chk for the upload.

Lack of documentation ...

===

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page.
===

... Netgear is humouring us here, there is currently no user manual available - put the new firmware first to the satellites.

PS. My non-native English heart does stuck reading "product's firmware" and "product's user manual" ... @michaelkenward can you educate me? Thank you in advance!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Z42985
Aspirant

Re: Updating firmware - Service unreachable / No New Firmware Available but on 3.1.4.7

No luck, got this trying to upgrade the router with RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46.zip

"Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file."

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

You can't upload the ZIP archive. Unpack both (the RBR and RBS) version, and select the RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46-signed.chk  resp. the RBS850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46-signed.chk for the upload.

Lack of documentation ...

===

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page.
===

... Netgear is humouring us here, there is currently no user manual available - put the new firmware first to the satellites.

PS. My non-native English heart does stuck reading "product's firmware" and "product's user manual" ... @michaelkenward can you educate me? Thank you in advance!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The user manual is forth coming. Please be patient. 

I see v.23 FW version is posted to the download site for manual download and installation.

Users need to update the RBS first then RBR lastly after unpacking the .zip files. 

Message 4 of 6
Z42985
Aspirant

Ah, of course, should have known better.

So it still says "Service unreachable" on the firmware update page for the router. 

I also couldn't get the sattellite to reconnect after upgrading both of their firmware until I factory defaulted it.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7