Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using an external dhcp server need to adjust satellite ip address

Edwardlotz
Guide

Using an external dhcp server need to adjust satellite ip address

I am using an external dhcp server that gives out all the IP address in this range: 192.168.2.1

The Orbi rbr850 router is 192.168.1.1. I have the dhcp in the router turned off.

The satellite is being given a IP address of 192.168.2.?. I need to give it an address under the router ip of 192.168.1.? I can’t seem to get it setup properly to do this. I know I need to add a fixed ip for the satellite in the router. Turn back on the dhcp in the router but only allow the new IP address. When I do this it doesn’t work the external always take over. Before the previous router and Trivandrum extender I had the extender you went into its setting and told it the static IP address to use. I can’t find that option on the satellite to do the same v

Does anyone have suggestions on how to do what I want to accomplish. Hope this all makes since.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using an external dhcp server need to adjust satellite ip address

Configure the RBR for AP mode and use your external DHCP server for your IP addressing. RBS can't be set manually to a static IP address. Needs either access to a host DHCP server or use of the RBR in router mode with DHCP server enabled. 

Message 2 of 4
Edwardlotz
Guide

If I set to APP mode do u need a router somewhere. My dhcp server is not a router. I might be confused about AP mode

If you set on AP I guess the RBR850 will get an IP address assigned by the external dhcp server.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well you need something infront of the RBR in AP mode to service IP and DNS addresses for internet access. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7