Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAN Aggregation

dstrausser83
Guide

WAN Aggregation

Hi. I got two questions...

I have Verizon Fios (1/GBS DL & UL). Will Wan Aggregation do anything for me? Should I activate it and if I do, what are the benefits and what should I do? I've only found vague info on this so far...

Second: Should I disable or enable SIP ALG? Thoughts?

Thanks!
David

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You can if your ISP modem also supports LAG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation

Leave it enabled unless you have problems. Mostly SIP helps in some VoIP processing. 

Message 2 of 9
dstrausser83
Guide

Thank you!

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@dstrausser83 wrote:

I have Verizon Fios (1/GBS DL & UL). Will Wan Aggregation do anything for me?

Do you have 2 physical links from Verizon? Link aggregation is needed if you have multiple internet links and you want to combine them to improve the throughput.

Message 5 of 9
dstrausser83
Guide

No, I only got 1. Is it possible to get two? 🙂

Message 6 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@dstrausser83 wrote:

No, I only got 1. Is it possible to get two? 🙂

Please check with your ISP if they can provide you with 2 links. Link aggregation is a function to use with multiple internet links to improve the throughput.

Message 7 of 9
Bandito
Luminary

I'm surprised that no one has said this, but in your situation, LAN aggregation will buy you nothing.

You have 1Gbps service and 1Gps LAN ports, so everything matches up perfectly to support your current Internet service speed.

If in the future, your ISP supports faster service, such as 2Gbps, then you would need LAN aggregation to take advantage of any speed beyond 1Gbps up to the maximum of 2.5Gbps supported by the Orbi's aggregation option.

Message 8 of 9
dstrausser83
Guide

Bandito, perfect. That is what I was trying to figure out and understand. Will it make a difference or not. That is the best answer I was looking for. THank you!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7