Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAN down this morning

skeelo
Luminary

WAN down this morning

Running Orbi Pro AX6000 setup with a router and 3 satellites, two are wired backhaul and one wireless. Software version 3.2.16.6 on all devices and about 25 or so connected devices at any given time.

The system had been working great for the most part, however, I woke up this morning to an on my iPhone stating my network was not connected to the internet.

Queue the digging - Orbi has intermittent WAN connectivity, the main router shows as magenta in the app and the mangenta LED comes on from time to time. No LAN connected devices are working, either.

I have reset the Orbi a few times, unplugged the modem and router to try and reset both, released and renewed the lease in the advanced connection status window of the Orbi UI.

Nothing seems to be working to get this back online without hiccups. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Saw someone post in a different forum that there seem to be a internet wide problem last nite. Kinda of makes sence as I could not access my NEST controllers and wifi cameras around 4AM this morning. After getting up a bit ago, there accessible again. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem/ONT the RBR is connected too?

Only a few causes of the RBRs wan to fail would be a bad LAN cable, modem or ONT rebooting or a losst of ISP singal at the modem  or ONT.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Message 2 of 6
skeelo
Luminary

Guessing the issue was on the ISP side despite their claim that all was up.  I can see the issue started around 5:30a CT based on surveillance connectivity going in and out every few minutes until 9:15a.  Since then all has been working fine.

Specific to the rest of the setup - fiber into the house to ONT, Cat6 connects everything else (modem to router, unmanaged switch, etc.).  Not sure of the hardware manufacturer for modem and ONT, will run that down the next time I have an issue.  Appreciate your other feedback as well, will keep in mind next time, too.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Saw someone post in a different forum that there seem to be a internet wide problem last nite. Kinda of makes sence as I could not access my NEST controllers and wifi cameras around 4AM this morning. After getting up a bit ago, there accessible again. 

Message 4 of 6
skeelo
Luminary

That would make sense given the issues I was seeing that eventually just stopped happnening.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements