Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weird Orbi AX6000 network map

Giuseppe10
Aspirant

Weird Orbi AX6000 network map

I have a Orbi AX6000 system.  Bought the 2 pack and then when they released the single router I bought one.  RBR/ 2 RBS 850.  My system seems to work fine but sometimes my wife's iphone's wifi has troubles or doesnt seem to work.  In the picture it has my Router, 3 Satellites and 1 of my sats says its Andrea's iPhone.  But it won't let me erase or remove it.  Again I don't know if its doing anything bad.

So I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to fix this.  I haven't tried to reinstall the whole system as a new.  I had a previous Orbi Wifi 5 system but I don't remember seeing my wife's phone as a satellite until the new system.  Thanks

orbi.PNG

Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Weird Orbi AX6000 network map

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Check CTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 13
Giuseppe10
Aspirant

The firmware version is V3.2.16.22_1.4.9

Modem Netgear Nighthawk CM1100

I have a two story 4,000 sq ft house

I have the router downstairs towards on corner of the house, a satellite in the middle upstairs and the last satellite the opposite side from the router upstairs.  Not sure the exact distance but the router and stairs I would think is within 30 feet.  The other one upstairs is probably 30 feet from the other satellite but further from the router.  

I just tried to see if my firmware is up to date but it keeps giving me an error that it can't update.

Not sure what the CTS is or how to get there.  The orbi app doesnt show that or I dont see it.  And I dont remember my login to do it on the browser 

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to log into the RBRs web page to make advanced changes to the system. Can't be done with the orbi app. 

If you don't know the log in, you'll need to factory reset the RBR and set it up from scratch using a web bowser. Be sure to write down important information for safe keeping later on. 

Message 4 of 13
RafS
Apprentice

I thought I was the only one with this issue but in my case, my Home Pod shows up as a satellite..

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Got a screen shot of this? 

Message 6 of 13
RafS
Apprentice

I will when I get home from work. 

Message 7 of 13
Giuseppe10
Aspirant

Does it make your homepods have problems??? My phone never has any WiFi trouble but my wife’s does sometimes and hers is the one in the picture. We both have iPhone 12 pro
Message 8 of 13
RafS
Apprentice

I don't use the HomePod enough to actually know if it's having issues but here's the screenshot of how the setup looked like with one RBR and one RBS and one HomePod as a satellite FF76CD55-EC0C-450D-AC4A-924A3FBAA5C4.png

Message 9 of 13
RafS
Apprentice

It did finally bug me enough yesterday that I ended up doing a reset on the system and started from scratch and that fixed the issue for now but then nothing would connect to the satellite for some reason, even though it stayed in the same location it has been for the last 12 months without issues (at least major ones). A power reset fixed that but one more time I'm forced to reset and start from scratch and it will be done, just with a different brand mesh system. 

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Distance is key between the RBR and RBS. 

It's up to wifi devies ti pick and choose where they connect too, not Orbi. If you have both RBR and RBR synced up and working, you can do a reboot of the RBR and this may force some devices to connect to the RBS. 

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Good Luck. 

Message 11 of 13
RafS
Apprentice

The distance is fine (30 feet). It's been fine for 12 months and the satellite is hard mounted to a wall and so is the router so they didn't even move an inch during the reset. Distance had absolutely NOTHING to do with devices not connecting and the satellite was connected to the router during the setup process. I've done this numerous times at this point and am quite familiar with routers in general. I appreciate all the help you seem to offer here but you also seem to treat people here like we are all idiots. 

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements