Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will RBK852 have 160 Mhz available with future firmware update?

fanch16
Follower

Will RBK852 have 160 Mhz available with future firmware update?

I'm an early adopter of the Orbi AX Mesh System, and while I don't have the constant outtages others have compained about, I am certainly underwhelmed at the speed capacity with my iphone 11 pro leveraging Wifi 6.  I assume (and correct me if I'm wrong), that part of the problem is that the Orbi AX doesn't support the 160 Mhz range. 

Is this something that may become available down the road with a future firmware update, or is this a hardware limitation that I just paid $700 to be stuck with trying to "futureproof".

Thanks in advance for any feedback (and insight into understanding of the 160 MHz range if I'm mistaken).

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Will RBK852 have 160 Mhz available with future firmware update?

My understanding of the iphone 11 is that its a 2x2 antenna arrangement but only supports 80hz wide channels. 

Message 2 of 4
KMDonlon
Luminary

I certainly hope this added in the near future
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I think Orbi AC doesn't support 160Mhz on the users wifi. Only seen on the 50 series orbi wireless backhaul to attain 1733Mbps. 

Orbi AX is still maturing and NG only knows what new features are forth coming and when. NG doesn't post when either. So users will need to keep an eye on FW update release notes. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7