Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Ethernet plug option

GBX
Follower
Follower

Wireless Ethernet plug option

Just installed an RBK752 : Orbi™️ WiFi 6 AX4200 and it’s working great. I have the satellites placed where I want them but now I’m in need of an Ethernet connection for an IP phone in another room. What’s the best way to add this wirelessly? I k know I can add another satellite but I really don’t need one. Are there other less costly options that won’t hinder performance?
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wireless Ethernet plug option

Find a wireless media bridge with LAN ports in back to connect to the Orbi WiFi. Also some routers that have wireless bridge mode may work as well. LAN connect the IP phone to this wireless bridge. 

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Wireless Ethernet plug option

@GBX wrote:
Just installed an RBK752 : Orbi™️ WiFi 6 AX4200 and it’s working great. I have the satellites placed where I want them but now I’m in need of an Ethernet connection for an IP phone in another room. What’s the best way to add this wirelessly? I k know I can add another satellite but I really don’t need one. Are there other less costly options that won’t hinder performance?

Do you have an old wireless router, e.g., that you used before your Orbi?  If so then those almost always can also serve as a wireless bridge for your Orbi wireless network.

It's a bit of an overkill and there are other "wireless bridge" products you can buy for devices that required a wired network connection, but it's likely something you already have.  Here's an example: https://kb.netgear.com/24105/What-is-bridge-mode-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7