Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbilogin.com does NOT ask for username/password at login

jfdorbi
Tutor

orbilogin.com does NOT ask for username/password at login

While the ios app asks for an admin u/p at login, the orbilogin.com site does not.  Seems like it should.  Is this normal behavior?  

I have gone through the set password function on the web interface, but logged out and back in and it still did not ask for credentials. Any other ideas on how to force it to do so?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
jfdorbi
Tutor

Re: orbilogin.com does NOT ask for username/password at login

After a factory reset and reinitialization, the u/p login prompt now shows up at orbilogin.com and the orbi app.

Again, thanks for all suggestions.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Click on “Logout” on the upper right corner in the web GUI to logout so you’ll be then asked to enter user name and password to login again.
Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear out the browser cache as well.

Message 3 of 10
jfdorbi
Tutor

Thanks for these suggestions, I have tried both multiple times. Also rebooted the router and tried again, but the obrilogin.com page just allows you right in to the administration gui without prompting for credentials.

As for the browser cache, it allowed me right in the first time I attempted a login, so it wouldn't appear to be that.

I have scoured all of the settings areas for one that seems like it would make the webservice wide open like this but can't find one.  Am I missing it?

Again, the ios app asks for the u/p at login like you would expect. I really don't like that this one does not...

Thanks for any additional ideas to try.

Message 4 of 10
ekhalil
Master

Which browser have you tried please? Have you tried another browser? Can you please try with a browser/device that you never used before with Orbi and see what happens?

Message 5 of 10
jfdorbi
Tutor

I have arrived at the same result logging in through Safari on several Macs and ios devices, Chrome on a Mac, and Edge on a Windows10 VM.

Not quite sure where to go from here.  Maybe reset the Orbi system and try again?

Just as a sanity check, you are supposed to be presented with a login dialog when you browse to the web admin interface, even while you are on your wifi netwrok, correct?

Thanks for listening

Message 6 of 10
ekhalil
Master

Correct
Message 7 of 10
Mikey94025
Hero

@jfdorbi wrote:

I have arrived at the same result logging in through Safari on several Macs and ios devices, Chrome on a Mac, and Edge on a Windows10 VM.

Not quite sure where to go from here.  Maybe reset the Orbi system and try again?

Just as a sanity check, you are supposed to be presented with a login dialog when you browse to the web admin interface, even while you are on your wifi netwrok, correct?

Thanks for listening

If you use the browser app on your phone, like Chrome on iPhone, and visit orbilogin.com then does it prompt you for a password?  Also try the IP address of your Orbi, e.g., for me this is http://192.168.1.1/

It does seem like you've tried a variety of browser to eliminate that you have some custom "save-my-passwords-for-me-so-I-autologin-next-time" option setup.  That's the usually reason people see what you describe.  Do you have another Mac or Windows login to try with one of the desktop browsers?

Yes, whenever I go to http://orbilogin.com I get a browser popup asking for Username and Password.  See attached screen shot.

Message 8 of 10
jfdorbi
Tutor

After a factory reset and reinitialization, the u/p login prompt now shows up at orbilogin.com and the orbi app.

Again, thanks for all suggestions.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation