Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: slow speed NAS Synology connected to satelitte RBK852

Jay18
Tutor

slow speed NAS Synology connected to satelitte RBK852

Good morning everyone,

I bought the RBK852 a few days ago with 2 main goals:

--> 1. improving internet connection in my basement and

--> 2. moving my NAS Synology DS218+ (which is close to the TV and quite noisy) to the basement by connecting it in ethernet to the satelitte.

The first objective has been reached perfectly (speed is as fast as it is with the router) but I encounter some issues with the second one. Indeed, the speed with my NAS is very slow both in wired ethernet and wireless. It is like 10x slower than it was when connected to the modem (or the Orbi router) for every operation: downloading from internet, saving a file or streaming a movie to my TV...

I tried to connect the NAS to the ORBI router and it works perfectly, the issue seems to be only with satelitte. I initially thought it was a general speed problem between the router and the satelitte but the speed with the satelitte is good.

Is there any setting that i have to adjust to solve the problem?

Setup

1st floor: Orbi router connected to the modem. Several devices (TV, Playstation, ...) connected to a gigabit switch, which is connected in ethernet to the ORBI router.

Basement: NAS connected in ethernet to the satelitte.

Let me know if you need further info to solve the issue. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

I also have a synology (1019+).

Are you using a bonded connection or a singluar cabled connection?

Message 2 of 3
Jay18
Tutor

A singular cabled connection
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements