Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

upgrading Orbi to AX6000 plus CM2050v modem

2uzfe
Follower

upgrading Orbi to AX6000 plus CM2050v modem

Hi all,

I currnetly have an Orbi system (AC3000 plus the CBR40 modem/router). I am upgrading for a variety of reasons to the AX6000 (RBK853 plus a Nighthawk CM2050 modem).

Question is - how do I do this xfer as painlessly as possible given that I'm taking everything down in the house and want minimal disruption once things are reset.

I'm going to keep the same wifi name and password for the new system and don't need to reset the old system (I'm keeping it for another location) so I'm just trying to figure out how to do what first.

Here is my guess:

1. Disconnect Orbi AC3000 power

2. Contact cable provider and switch over the modems first

3. Confirm that modem is set up and streaming (ethernet direct from modem)

4. Go through steps to connet AX6000 to the network

That may be all there is to it but I wanted to see if there is any de-provisioning I shoudl do to the CBR40 modem before I disconnect it from the network? 

When I log into the Orbi App with the current setup I frequently have problems with the app saying it is offline. Is there a way to fix this with the AX6000 so I don't have the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: upgrading Orbi to AX6000 plus CM2050v modem

Power OFF the Orbi AX system. Contact the ISP about seting up the new modem on there network first with a wired PC. Once the new modem is fully setup with ISP and running well with wired PC. Power OFF the new modem, connect the RBR to the new modem. Power ON the new modem, then power ON the RBR and RBS. Should be all thats needed. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7