Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

work laptop doesn’t see network

pushingsteel
Initiate

work laptop doesn’t see network

I upgraded to AX4200 from older Orbi but now my work laptop doesn’t show my network as available. I had no issues with old router. I’ve reset modem and router several times to no avail. All my other devices connect with no issues. I’m running windows 10 on Dell laptop.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: work laptop doesn’t see network

What wireless chipset is in the laptop? many of intels drivers don't get updated and they weren't "seeing" AX networks when they were first released. And windows update and dell didn't update the drivers. So find out what actual wireless chipset you have, then go directly to that manufacturers website and download the driver for it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What wireless chipset is in the laptop? many of intels drivers don't get updated and they weren't "seeing" AX networks when they were first released. And windows update and dell didn't update the drivers. So find out what actual wireless chipset you have, then go directly to that manufacturers website and download the driver for it. 

Message 2 of 4
pushingsteel
Initiate

Thanks that was issue couldn’t update myself without admin rights. But called our IT dept told them what needed and working great now.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements