Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2FA - Change Primary Trusted Device

ouq77
Tutor

2FA - Change Primary Trusted Device

I have changed to a new mobile device and am unable to figure out how to change the primary trusted device from my old phone to the new one (or remove other devices from the list).

In the Orbi Android app (latest from app store), I go Account Mangement -> Login Settings -> Two-Step verification -> My Trusted Devices. On this screen, I can see a list of 4 devices (2 of them are the same device, since I tried various ways of getting this changed), but no way of editing/removing/chaning the primary device.

Any ideas? 

---

Question originally posted in wrong forum: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Change-Primary-Trusted-Device/m-p/1830530

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TongPoJones
Initiate

Go to Netgear.com.  Login into your MyNetgear account. Go to Manage Profile. Then Login Settings.  Two Step Verification.  Add your new SMS Text number.  Then you delete old and make your new Text primary.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
TongPoJones
Initiate

Go to Netgear.com.  Login into your MyNetgear account. Go to Manage Profile. Then Login Settings.  Two Step Verification.  Add your new SMS Text number.  Then you delete old and make your new Text primary.

Message 2 of 6
ouq77
Tutor

Thanks so much! Hopefully this will come to the app at some point.
Message 3 of 6
esblofeld
Initiate

There's no option there to change the Primary device. You can delete the Primary and obviously it will no longer be the Primary, but then you have to delete the app, reinstall, reconfigure and reverify it.

Message 4 of 6
Adewale
Luminary

i follow the steps and i don't see 2FA in my profile...whats the way out?
Message 5 of 6
mgibson323
Initiate

@TongPoJones wrote:

Hi,

This solution does not work for me - there is no "Two Step Verification" item listed in the "Manage Profile" section for my account on the website. Please see the attached screenshot.

Also the mobile app (I have iOS) says all trusted devices will be deleted if I disable 2FA, but when I do disable 2FA, the trusted device I previously added (my iPad) remains. I cannot see any way to add any new ones, nor can I delete the existing one. This seems quite buggy.

So, I'd like to be able to add my iPhone as a trusted device, replacing the iPad, and then remove the iPad. How can I do so?

Thank you.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 30 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7