Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC2200 Orbi Micro Router is denying browser access

dkkronmiller
Follower

AC2200 Orbi Micro Router is denying browser access

My Orbi denies browser access.  It brings up a requirement that I enter my product serial number, then asks me to verify with my security questions, then starts this same process all over again.  I have done a factory reset on the Orbi and went through the setup process again with the same result.  

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Are you able to tell what firmware is on the device? and which orbi it is?

I'd try doing the reset again. Use a different setup password than you are now. try to avoid special characters and see if this helps.

How are you doing the setup via app or browser? Have you tried using a different device to do the setup?

You can try using the tftp procedure to send an older version of the firmware to the Orbi. It'll auto update after you do your setup but this might kick it out of the loop. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 4
quickbooktech45
Aspirant

You can simply try the troubleshooting tricks for solving his issue. You can get technical assistance from QuickBooks Premier Support if you have any issue with the QuickBooks Software. They will solve your issue with the best possible solution. You can reach at Quickbooks premier Support Phone Number for help.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@dkkronmiller wrote:

It brings up a requirement that I enter my product serial number, then asks me to verify with my security questions, then starts this same process all over again.  I have done a factory reset on the Orbi and went through the setup process again with the same result.  

This reads to me like you are trying to do a password recovery. Following the factory reset, the system does definitively no longer know any answers to whatever security questions - and the default admin password credentials are in place again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7