Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6000 Device List not sorted by band, only listed by wired or wireless.

RafS
Apprentice

AX6000 Device List not sorted by band, only listed by wired or wireless.

Correct List.PNGIncorrect List.PNGRouter.PNGSatellite.PNGNot sure if this is by design of if I have an issue going on. When I first started setting up my AX6000, and started adding devices, the devices were sorted by either WIRED, 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ. After everything was added, the list completely changes and all devices are now listed as either WIRED or WIRELESS (I have checked the filter and it is set correctly). I have reset the system 3 times now and started from scratch each time only to end up with the same result each time. Also, when going into the Network Map and selecting either the RBR850 or the satellite, neither one shows any devices being attached to them, even though everything is working fine. My SSID is one word, there are no special characters in any of my device names, I know I have some devices that only work on 2.4GHZ so I should be showing devices in all fields, WIRED, 2.4 and 5 like it shows in one of the pictures before i finished adding the rest of my devices. I attached pictures to help explain. THis is on ios version 2.4.18.6

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AX6000 Device List not sorted by band, only listed by wired or wireless.

Hello RafS, 

We have recently released a new version of the iOS Orbi app. Please reinstall the app and let me know how it turns out. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netgear-orbi/id1182184397

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
RafS
Apprentice

Reinstalled the app and rebooted the AX6000 and watched  the Device List was populated as device slowly connected to the newly rebooted AX6000.  Everything looked great until the device type on one newly added device showed up as Unknown, and then all devices changed to Unknown and everything went back to being sorted by either Wired or Wireless and nothing is again being shown under either the RBR850 or RBS850 device list. 

Message 3 of 5
RafS
Apprentice

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello RafS, 

We have recently released a new version of the iOS Orbi app. Please reinstall the app and let me know how it turns out. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netgear-orbi/id1182184397

Christian 

Ok, so I went and deleted everything from the network and started over to see if maybe I can figure out what device is freaking everything out and I got it.  I have a Denon AVR-X4500H receiver and once that connects to the orbi, everything freaks out and registers as unknown devices and everything after that is listed as either WIRED or WIRELESS and is no longer listed by the band it's connected to.  Up to that point, everything is fine and all devices are listed by the band that are using and what devices they are connected to.  This is not app issue since I never had this problem with the RBK53 kit I had prior to getting the RBK852 kit.  Everything was working as intended and all devices were listed as they should be. Nothing in my setup has changed except the new Orbi AX6000.. 

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RafS, 

Thanks for taking the time to perform a reset on your units. I'd like for our Support Team to look into this further. If you'd like to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7