Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android operating system application sign on error

Starknight
Follower

Android operating system application sign on error

New MotoZ4.  Unistalled Orbi app from my old MotoZ.  My Orbi nertwork is 1 year old, working fine.

Downloaded Orbi app from Google Play store to new phone.  Reset password.   Sign on page accepts old username and new password, then sends me back to the same page with "admin" in the username line.  I am unable to edit that line.  PW line refuses to take old password, new password, or the default ("password").  This has been repeated several times.   As is said in sailing, I am "in irons".

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Android operating system application sign on error

@Starknight wrote:

Reset password.   

Which password - the Netgear Account (also used here in the community) or the admin account on your local Orbi system?

Why reset the (whatever) password at all?

@Starknight wrote:

Sign on page accepts old username and new password,

then sends me back to the same page with "admin" in the username line.  I am unable to edit that line.

The first sign-on the the Netger account.

The second one is the Orbi local admin user account - that's why you can't edit the admin username field.

@Starknight wrote:

PW line refuses to take old password, new password, or the default ("password").

Well, if it's not the default admin/password, somebody had changed your Orbi system default admin password from password to someting else. Probably this was even enforced with the installaiton.

When I have it right, even if you had not dropped the Orbi App from your old phone: The Orbi App (or the Nighthawk App for other product lines) does not allow changing the admin password. It's entered once, and then stored. And this is where you are hanging now...

-> https://kb.netgear.com/31016/How-do-I-recover-my-Orbi-admin-password

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7