Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Anywhere Access

aaronmcd1214
Tutor

Anywhere Access

I've been trying to enable Anywhere Access on my router from the app but the toggle doesn't stay on. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@aaronmcd1214 wrote:

I've been trying to enable Anywhere Access on my router from the app but the toggle doesn't stay on. Any help would be appreciated.

There have been several posts regarding this situation.  Alas, those of us who participate in this particular Orbi forum have little experience with the Orbi "app".  My sense is that you are much more likely to get an informed response if you post the question in the community forum specifically for the app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

It's not that we don't want to help.  Just don't know much about the app.

Message 2 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@aaronmcd1214 wrote:

I mostly use the app for all installs, since I'm in the field and it is much easier.

It should be a simple configuration. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it first then follow this:

To enable or disable Anywhere Access on your Orbi router using the Orbi app:

Connect your mobile device to your Orbi WiFi network.
Launch the Orbi app.
Tap the Menu icon in the upper-left corner
Tap SETTINGS>Anywhere Access.
The Anywhere Access page displays.
Toggle the Enable Anywhere Access slider.
Toggling the slider to the right turns the slider green and enables Access Anywhere.
Toggling the slider to the left turns the slider white and disables Access Anywhere.
To manage your Orbi device when not connected to your Orbi WiFi network, launch the Orbi app and tap CONNECT VIA ANYWHERE ACCESS.

Message 3 of 8
TH72
Initiate

The toggle doesnt stay enabled.... it says its enabled, but the slider goes back to disabled... pretty easy to use a slider like on any other app. but this one self disables... anyone got a fix to this? not steps on how to use a slider

Message 4 of 8
ILB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anywhere access- when I toggle it over- the reply says , this netgear device is already registered with another account. How do I get this fixed.
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ILB, 

You will need to email our Customer Care at customer.service@netgear.com and provide your email address and router serial number. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 8
larryindublin
Luminary

I found that I could not turn Anywhere Access on from my Android phone (the toggle would turn itself off after I would turn it on) BUT last night tried from an Ipad and it worked fine and is now on (I tested on cellular and could connect to my router).

Message 7 of 8
KMDonlon
Luminary

I found that on Android is you are using a filtered Private DNS and do not have location enabled it will do exactly what you are experiencing.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7