Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: App can't verify account on new phone

dingoace10
Aspirant

App can't verify account on new phone

Hello,

Ever since I got a new phone the Netgear app is unable to verify my log in.  I can login, but then get to the screen attempting to push something to my phone to verify the phone.  Nothing.  Then I attempt to verify by the email and I never receive the email.  I have deleted the app multiple times and reinstalled it but still can't get verified.  Is there a way around this issue?

Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Was the phone number from the previous phone ported to the new phone?

Message 2 of 5
dingoace10
Aspirant

Yes, same phone number and same provider.  When from IPhone 8 to IPhone 12.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

There are several posts in the Orbi app forum that might be similar to your situation.

In the upper left is a search box. I tried "verify" and "new phone".

I have never enabled 2 Factor Authentication on the Orbi app.  It appears to me that if anything "goes wrong", then there is no way to open the app to fix it.

Message 4 of 5
dingoace10
Aspirant

That doens't sound good.  It is weird that an email wont come through...I can live with the phone not getting verified using the notification, but recieving and email with the verification code seems like and internal issue.  The app is not requesting to send an email or there is something wrong with the email server the app is using.

I had to reset my Netgear password this morning and got a verification email to change my password no problem.

Seems like there should be some way to get a verification code.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7