Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backhaul to router

DDTriGuy
Aspirant

Backhaul to router

I've had two satalleites backhauled to my router for a good two years.  After a brown out the other day and some wireless woes everything is working, except for it appears in the Orbi Mobile App that one of my satellites is backhauled to the other satellite, rather than the router.  I can't seem to find out how to get it re-homed back to the router.  Do I need to reset the satellite or if I hit the sync button on that satellite and the router, would you expect it to establish that connection?  It makes no sense that it's connected this way as the satellites are very far away from other relative to the router.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Backhaul to router

Two suggestions:

1. Check the Orbi web interface Attached Devices page***.  There have been numerous reports on the forum of the Orbi 'app' not displaying the network map accurately.  (This is not to say that the app is definitely 'broken', only that it certain cannot hurt to double check the information.)
  2. Restart the satellite which appears to have connected incorrectly.  Perhaps during the chaos of the brown out, this satellite got confused.

*** Enter the model number of the Orbi system on the Netgear support page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/  and it will provide a link to Documentation.  The User Manual for the specific Orbi will be one of the links.

Message 2 of 3
DDTriGuy
Aspirant

Re: Backhaul to router

Thanks for this.  I had looked at the web interface and didn't see the column for "connected Orbi" and was thinking It wasn't clear.  But, now going back I see the column and it is in fact connected to the satellite.  I've rebooted a few times where it wouldn't pair at all, but try by turning off the other satellite and then rebooting this one, see if that helps. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7