Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR40 not communicate with Orbi apps and wired connected computer

raymondtkc
Aspirant

CBR40 not communicate with Orbi apps and wired connected computer

Hi,

For the past 1 month I got the problem of the Orbi app not communicate to the Orbi CBR40 system.  This problem no matter within the WiFi network or outside by "connect with anywhere access".  I also try using wired computer to direct access the CBR40 but still no response.  I even try the remote management with the port number assigned by other computer still no luck.  For this non communicate issue, the internet and WiFi connectivity is still work fine.  The only solution can resolve this problem is power cycle the CBR40.  Once power cycle completed, I can get the full access through the Orbi apps, through the wire connected computer and other computer with remote management.  This non communicate problem happen every 1-2 days which very border me.  I'm using COX service lucky their apps still allow me the remote reset the modem even this is not their rental modem.  The firmware is the latest which is V2.5.0.14_1.0.8

Anyone have this issue?  Although reset the CBR40 can solve this problem but this is only a temporary solution and I would like to have a permanent fix.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello raymondtkc,

May you try the recommended steps that I mentioned in the thread below. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Just-Updated-the-Orbi-App-on-my-iPhone-and-now-I-can-t-use...

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
raymondtkc
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I already done all the below before but no luck.  The problem is not just the Orbi app cannot access the router, even I use wired connected desktop also cannot access the router.  The router completely isolate itself and not allow any connection no matter through the apps or using desktop with wired connected.  The only way I can do is reset the router.  Hope any big bros can provide me a solution.

Raymond

Message 3 of 4
Dbensette
Tutor

I have been having the same issue with the rbk852 for over a month now as well.

Any time I want to connect to the router through the app or through a browser I have to reboot the router first. It then works, for a day or so...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7