Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Enable Remote Management (No Page Options)

layer3
Aspirant

Can't Enable Remote Management (No Page Options)

Very simply put I can't enable remote management for my router,

1. There is no checkbox to enable this remote management feature (i read the manual front to back gives instructions that dont exist),
  2. It is not labeled correctly it is labeled as "Web Services Management", Although i found a support post that mentioned this was a typo so i know i am in the correct place.
  3. The only thing presented on this page is "Local Management: Always require https", Nothing else

I have tried the following:

• Log out / back in
  • Hard Refresh (browser
  • Restart Device
  • Factory Reset the device
  • Roll back firmware to first release
  • Upgrade Firmware back to newest
  • Installed Mobile app and enabled remote access
  • Dowloaded old version of net genie
  • accessed with a hard wire....

I need help im about to switch to WRT type OS version, or return the product. Legitimately frustrating. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 4.33.59 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can't Enable Remote Management (No Page Options)

It would help to know which WiFi router this is.  (As the post appeared in the Netgear Orbi "app" community forum, one might assume that it regards an Orbi system, but......)

The Orbi has three methods of remote management:

• The Orbi "app" has a remote feature. (Not the Genie app).  This allows the app to access the Orbi router when not connected to the local LAN.  I find that the "app" has so little control over the Orbi that this is not much use, but that's just my opinion.
  • There is a Remote Management option on the Web Services Management page. (see attached image).
  • OpenVPN provides a way to connect to the Orbi LAN remotely and then log into the Orbi management web page.

Message 2 of 5
layer3
Aspirant

Apologies thought it was included it is a RAK70 AX6600 as the model,

Message 3 of 5
layer3
Aspirant

Attached here is the admin panel that is being displayed in difference to yours!

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@layer3 wrote:

Attached here is the admin panel that is being displayed in difference to yours!

Aha.  The RAX70 User Manual is pretty clear that it should be similar to mine (see page111):

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX70/RAX70_RAX78_UM_EN.pdf 

The manual also describes the "app" remote management, only in regard to Anywere Access using the Nighthawk app.

(why are there separate apps for Nighthawk and Orbi systems?  no idea.)

There is a community forum for the Nighthawk app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps 

With the router web administration web site being obviously wrong, I do not see many options.  In the Orbi community, if router firmware was recently updated, the first step is often to manually load the previous firmware.  The last resort is to do a Factory Reset on the router and set it up again.

Damn. This sucks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7