Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

Royalh13
Star

Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - FIXED!

It is ridiculous that Netgear's Orbi app STILL has this problem after more than 2 YEARS!

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-App-Android-phone-quot-login-timed-out-please-try-aga...

I uninstalled & reinstalled the app because I'm trying to figure out why the app on one of my phones, under Device Manager, shows devices attached - with green status dot indicating that the device is online and connected to the router - that I haven't had attached in over 4.5 years!!!

So after uninstalling and reinstalling and going through the setup with logging in to my existing account, ok'ing using my fingerprint to log in and then getting to the login screen using admin as user & my password, I get this "Logon timed out, please try again..." error.  

Imagine my surprise in seeing that, after I google for a resolution, this exact same problem still exists 2 years and 2 months after the post I linked above!

Even the workaround mentioned in the post still works, but now, I can only get the app to connect via Anywhere Access.  Trying to switch from Anywhere Access to Local Connection results in the error.

This is pretty pathetic, Netgear.  Is your QA\QC team comprised of 1 person and a chimpanzee? Are you outsourcing your software development and QA\QC to offshore developers?  Or is it that Netgear just doesn't give a sh*t about the app or errors in it?

If you guys need help finding experienced coders & testers, I am more than willing to point you to where you can find quality people to hire and then you can fire the J.V. team you currently have.

Get off your butts, Netgear!

Message 1 of 194

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

Yes they are but it is releasing in the play store. I believe they are doing bat h release got mine a couple days ago so just be a little patient it 8s coming and fixes the issue

View solution in original post

Message 185 of 194

All Replies
Royalh13
Star

FYI - A little testing shows that the app probably isn't even trying to pass the logon information to the router.

I tried using an incorrect password for the admin login and instead of returning a message about an invalid password, I got the same logon timed out error...

Message 2 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

Please submit a bug report using this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

I've passed this on to NG as well. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 3 of 194
Royalh13
Star

Already done...

Message 4 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 5 of 194
cgherman
Tutor

Having this same issue, just found it today, same day as you it seems.
Message 6 of 194
TDReynolds
Tutor

This is the first time I've had this issue and appeared after I implemented fingerprint security for app login access on my Pixel 6 Pro. Actually had to uninstall and reinstall before it would connect through anywhere access. Will not connect locally. This is ridiculous!
Message 7 of 194
Kaytu
Initiate

Well I just made an account to jump in on this party, as I'm experiencing the same issue. For me, I can't even get to Anywhere Access to try and fix it. Waiting for the app to reinstall and we'll see if that's helped at all.
Message 8 of 194
Knotready
Tutor

I'm dealing with the same crap and I have smart controls subscription that I can't even use. Kids are going to go wild
Message 9 of 194

Same problem here on Android since I switched to RBR50 firmware V2.7.4.24. IOS app simply works on my iPad, but Android phone comes up with the router admin login (after successfully logging into Netgear account and detecting router on the network) and the "logon timed out" message. Indeed it seems the router isn't even contacted as wrong passwords come up with the same message. "Anywhere access" workaround doesn't work for me. I haven't enabled it, so the app tells me to log in via WiFi first, which doesn't work. Result: I'm not able to log in to the router via the app on Android, so the app becomes useless. Logging in via web browser still works, of course...
Message 10 of 194
Kapciuch
Initiate

Same issue, really annoying.

Message 11 of 194
Clutchers
Initiate

Same here, fix this please NG

Message 12 of 194
Knotready
Tutor

This helped, thanks
Message 13 of 194
Just_Lurking
Guide

Also started experiencing this issue today, and (in case it matters) I'm also using a Pixel 6 Pro on the latest version of Android (October security patch). I have also submitted an error report using the instructions at the provided link.

Message 14 of 194
enhompe
Tutor

I'm having the same issue today. Help!
Message 15 of 194
Knotready
Tutor

Use an iphone instead of Android to turn on anywhere access. Reinstall the app on Android and once you open the app, hurry and click anywhere access when it pops up
Message 16 of 194
Kapciuch
Initiate

Don't have iPhone and never will...
Message 17 of 194

Did that... well, using an iPad. Didn't even have to hurry to get to "anywhere access" because the Android app automatically chose this. My problem with the workaround is that I try to avoid "anywhere access" because I consider it less safe. Netgear should really do something about this issue.

Message 18 of 194
cgherman
Tutor

100% agree on Anywhere Access, it's a security concern. At some point I believe I turned it off, or it's broken, who knows. Hopefully the bug is fixed soon.
Message 19 of 194
Heavymisterd
Initiate

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Android 13) and Galaxy Tab S7+ (Android 12). But, when I install the app on an old device (Galaxy S9 (Android 10), that is with an older Android version, all works fine with the app.

So it seems that our friends from Netgear need to update the app to accomodate the newer versions of Android.

Duncan

Message 20 of 194
enhompe
Tutor

I did so with my wife's iPhone. Anywhere access is in fact already on. But my Android app isn't showing the option you described as appearing on startup. Someone else suggested using an older Android phone. I'll try that next.
Message 21 of 194
cgherman
Tutor

If Anywhere Access doesn't show up as an option on Android, it seems that you can delete the app data and the option will appear (briefly).
Message 22 of 194
enhompe
Tutor

I really can't believe this is happening. Maybe NG is paying more attention to their newer models now. Anyway, I was able to access the router with an older phone, Android 11. In the end, the solution provided (uninstall and reinstall the Orbi app, and select Anywhere Access during the login process) did allow me to access my RBR50 mesh network from my Zenfone 9. Jeez. Now can I get on with my life?
Message 23 of 194
Hanseman
Tutor

Exactly the same problem.

Netgear, you fix! I will not make a factory reset for this lousy handling of a bug.

Message 24 of 194
Jearbear
Tutor

I literally created an account in the community here just to add my voice to the many that this is indeed an issue and needs to be fixed.

I can access the router via the browser, but not through the app. Same error message.

I can't access and manage the parental controls which I pay extra for! We need a fix please!
Message 25 of 194
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7