Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

ned_flanders
Aspirant

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

Same problem. Had worked before. Pixel 6.
Message 126 of 194
Someone77
Tutor

Bianca, according to the thread, as far as I can see, the IOS version was not experiencing the issue.  The big problem is the Android version!

Message 127 of 194
MichelH61
Star

According to NG tech support the next release of the Orbi app was due before November 12. Any idea when we can expect its release?

Thanks.

Message 128 of 194
Someone77
Tutor

Another issue I get while trying to login at the Android app, is that at the point where you login to your Netgear account, it offers to sign me in with my Gmail address used to access playstore, etc., but I used a different address to sign-up.

When I click, "Use a different account", that dialog disappears (good), so I then click in the email address field, which then shows me the option to fill it via my Bitwarden password wallet, which I click on and get taken to.  Upon clicking on the correct account in Bitwarden, I'm taken back to the app, where the suggestion to use my Gmail account is again displayed (on top of the login fields, so I can't access them) and when I click "Use another account" again, my credentials, (which would normally have been completed by Bitwarden, are not filled, so I have to go through hoops, trying to do so manually, while wrestling with the suggestion to use Gmail!

After all of that, the app doesn't work anyway! GRRRRRR!

Message 129 of 194
RCNT_Matt
Aspirant

Thanks ... works, but with the current Android mobile app logon issue, don't know how much help we will get. But good to know! Thanks!

Message 130 of 194
RCNT_Matt
Aspirant

Wow, appears to be working now. How in the world did you figure this out? Thanks!

Message 131 of 194
cbinding
Tutor

very briefly and only on first run... sucks.

Message 132 of 194
designbroke
Initiate

Still broken
Message 133 of 194
MichelH61
Star

Anyone already has the promised Orbi app update?

Message 134 of 194

One date hinted at was 12 November, a weekend launch. Maybe even Netgear has realised that it is a bad idea to send out updates with next no one in the office to deal with problems.
Message 135 of 194
alanfg
Aspirant

You cannot do a bug report using this method if you cannot log into the Orbi app in the first place due to the timeout error.  Is there any way to submit a big report via computer?

Message 136 of 194
MichelH61
Star

Just shake your phone whilst being on the logon screen!

Message 137 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@MichelH61 wrote:

Just shake your phone whilst being on the logon screen!

This is correct.  I find an aggressive shake is required, which is appropriate because I am not in a good mode at this point.

One tiny aside:  When the device running the Orbi app has enabled Anywhere Access, then the app happily connects through the Netgear cloud and functions normally.  Anywhere Access is specific to the instance of the Orbi app.  It resides in the settings kept on that device.  I have four Android devices with the Orbi app loaded on them. (two phones. two tablets)  On only one of them had I deliberately enabled Anywhere Access.  Orbi app on that one device works fine, except that it is not able to connect locally.  Orbi app on the other three Android devices are dead in the water.

And, yes, if I shake the hell out of my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6-lite, up comes the Bug Report question.  (Lot harder to "shake" a 10" tablet than a smartphone!)

Message 138 of 194

Blast Netgear from all directions.

Give the app a * review (with an explanation) on the app store.

Use the "Developer contact" details there  to send an email to

netgearteam@netgear.com

Message 139 of 194
Bayamon62
Guide

Same issue on a Samsung S21+ app was removed and reinstalled, not working !
I used the wifi manager to access the router and the web interface works...app is pupu !
Message 140 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

Can anyone let me know if this method works for Orbi app as it seems to for the Nighthawk app? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Same process...might help.

Message 141 of 194
Glennnnn
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Is there any update on when the new Android app update will come out? I actually bought a new rbs50 today (already had an existing one but needed extra satellite)... That was before I knew of this issue... but now thinking I should return it if Netgear isn't going to continue supporting this product! Very frustrating!
Message 142 of 194

@Glennnnn wrote:
I actually bought a new rbs50 today (already had an existing one but needed extra satellite)...

You should be able to set this up without the app.

How do I install my NETGEAR router using the router web interface? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Can I install and manage my Orbi WiFi System without using the Orbi app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It is essential for some things, but not setting up a router.

Far from satisfactory for many people  – some of us avoid apps where possible – but a stopgap until Netgear finally gets its act together.

This one has been going on for more than a month now. And some devices really do need the app for setup, as Netgear rushes to simplify (dumb down) the "user experience".

Message 143 of 194
KeenEye
Tutor

The latest Orbi update 2.21.0.2590 fixed my logging issues on my Samsung phone
Message 144 of 194
MichelH61
Star

I am still on version 2.20.2.2506 and there is no update available (yet) 
Note: I am in The Netherlands.

Message 145 of 194

@MichelH61 wrote:

I am still on version 2.20.2.2506 and there is no update available (yet) 
Note: I am in The Netherlands.

Likewise, same version in the UK.

Uninstall/reinstall has no effect.

Message 146 of 194
BobArnett
Tutor

Are you referring to an Orbi App update or an Orbi firmware update?

Message 147 of 194
scottbb
Aspirant

The firmware version on my RBK50 router and satellite is V2.7.4.24. I confirmed that this is the most up-to-date version.  I did, however, notice there was a NETGEAR Orbi App (Android) link under Firmware and Software downloads.  I opened a browser on my phone and clicked the link.  It brought me to a page to update the software on my phone.  And voila! it worked.  Problem solved.  I am now able to logon to my Orbi router.

Message 148 of 194
KeenEye
Tutor

The update date shows Nov 10 however it showed up in Play store just today in the States.

Message 149 of 194
KeenEye
Tutor

Message 150 of 194
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7