Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

KeenEye
Tutor

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

Orbi app latest version 2.21.0.2590 in the Play Store

Message 151 of 194
MichelH61
Star

Message 152 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

If your still not getting logged in, can someone try this and let us know if this helps get you back in at all? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Same process that seems to work on NH app, may work on Orbi app. This is only a last resort check to see if you can get back in. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 153 of 194
Someone77
Tutor

Just got the update from the playstore ver. 2.21.0.2590. It did not fix it. Problem and error message unchanged. I cleared cache and storage before updating app.

Message 154 of 194
designbroke
Initiate

"It is essential for some things, but not setting up a router."

Yes but that's a pretty low bar for a $170 router.  These are features that are listed on the tin. 

If I want to change my password, access network security features, or monitor devices... I need the app.  I can still haul out my laptop and hardwire...but that's a workaround for a temporary issue.  This is a bug they caused by updating, it affects a large group of users, and they barely addressed it for two months.

That's a brand issue.

Message 155 of 194
Anthracyte
Guide

Looks like it's finally fixed, have updated to the latest Android available version (2.21.0.2590) via Play store  in the UK and can now FINALLY log in to the app. Thanks for fixing it at last Netgear. Please help us out by responding quicker and releasing bug fixes sooner and making your support more available to customers who have spent a lot on your products!

Message 156 of 194
MichelH61
Star

You are in the US? 

Message 157 of 194
treadpool
Tutor

I haven't seen a Play store update yet for Orbi. Maybe they are slowly releasing it?

Message 158 of 194

Absolutely need the app to set up Alexa on the orbi speaker satellite and now it's useless for Alexa in which I specifically brought direct from Netgear and I called tech support and they wanted me to pay 89 dollars to help with the issue they created which is bull**bleep**
Message 159 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

What version do you have now? 

I see v.2590 on my android pad and was updated on 11/9. Seems to be what @Anthracyte claims has fixed his inability to access his app...

@treadpool wrote:

I haven't seen a Play store update yet for Orbi. Maybe they are slowly releasing it?

Message 160 of 194
treadpool
Tutor

.2506 still on my Google Pixel 7 Pro

Message 161 of 194
Someone77
Tutor

The update hasn't fixed it for me. What may be different for me:
1) I'm not allowing) location access
2) I'm getting a popup at the 1st login asking if I want to login using my Gmail account, which I only use for android stuff. I have a proper email account which I use for emails and most logins and that address wasn't offered, so I have to click on "None of the above", then type my email address. If I try to use Bitwarden to autofill the details, I get the popup again and when I clear it, the password is not filled, so I have to go to Bitwarden, copy the password and then paste it in! Is the timer for login timeout already running? Because this is a big hassle and takes time to wrestle with!
Yes, I've tried clearing the cache and storage again and restarting my device.
Message 162 of 194
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Keep checking the Google play store and the app update section of your device. Hopefully it will come to you soon. 

@treadpool wrote:

.2506 still on my Google Pixel 7 Pro

Message 163 of 194
MichelH61
Star

Best would be to uninstall and install the new release #Iguess

Message 164 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@Someone77 wrote:
Just got the update from the play store ver. 2.21.0.2590. It did not fix it. Problem and error message unchanged. I cleared cache and storage before updating app.

The new app version works correctly on all four of my Android devices.

(Embarassed not to have considered how long it would take for Google Play to change the app version and roll it out to various geographic regions.)

Once again, the new app version required me to enter my Netgear app credentials on one tablet, but not on my older Android devices.

Message 165 of 194

@JOHNNYB1021976 wrote:
Absolutely need the app to set up Alexa on the orbi speaker satellite ....

Yes. That's one of several things that depend on the app.

There are many other features where Netgear tries to thrust the app down our throats, but where the browser graphical user interface (GUI) works.

Message 166 of 194
Royalh13
Star

Looks like I can now log on locally on both of my phones...

Now if only NG can fix the app again because it's showing 33 devices that are "attached" and "online" even though most of those devices haven't been on my network in years..., in a couple of cases, more than 4.5 years... 🙄

Message 167 of 194
Bayamon62
Guide

Not working for me...deleted old app...installed "new" released... same bs !
Message 168 of 194
MichelH61
Star

What you wrote sounds very familiar. I also have a phone connected to the Orbi app that I can't delete because I no longer have this device. If I want to delete that phone in the Device list, the app hangs and that device is not deleted. Very strange But you write that you have 33 devices and I thought that only five can be connected at most

Message 169 of 194

Confirmed: newest version (2.21.0.2590) seems to have solved the problem. Android local login is possible again. Thank you NG.
Message 170 of 194
RAW1
Initiate

Same issue, Pixel 7

Message 171 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@RAW1 wrote:

Same issue, Pixel 7

It's probably not obvious, but when there are so many posts in a conversation, it can become difficult to understand what something like "same issue" is referring to.  I like to use the Quote symbol in the menu to avoid confusion.

Message 172 of 194

@Bayamon62 wrote:
Not working for me...deleted old app...installed "new" released... same bs !

Not much diagnostic detail there.

Did you check that you got the new version?

I uninstalled and reinstalled and ended up with the old one.

Where are you? Geographically. That seems to be the key to getting the update.

Message 173 of 194
MichelH61
Star

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - FIXED!

Just received and installed the latest Orbi app and it's all working fine now! 

Message 174 of 194
prix57
Guide

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - FIXED!

Ditto seems to be working OK now.
Message 175 of 194
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7