Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

Bayamon62
Guide

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - FIXED!

Latest update....10/18/22....not working still
Great update !

Fantastic job at messing this up !
Message 176 of 194
BobArnett
Tutor

I finally got an app update that fixed the problem.

Message 177 of 194
RockRite
Tutor

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please try again" - STILL AN ISSUE AFTER MORE

For me, I noticed the "Logon timed out" issue occurred while on Orbi version 2.20.2.2506.

A couple of days ago, I noticed that my Orbi app updated to version V2.21.0.2590 and most issues have been resolved.  I'm able to login, switch between Anywhere Access and Local connection, etc.

However, for me, on this latest version, the "WiFi Analytics" feature no longer works.....

Message 178 of 194
Bayamon62
Guide

I had to remove and re installed the app 3 times before it Miraculously worked....finally.
Message 179 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@RockRite wrote:

However, for me, on this latest version, the "WiFi Analytics" feature no longer works.....

This looks like a good time to begin a new conversation about this specific issue.(WiFi Analytics).

I have tested WiFi Analytics on the new firmware version V2.21.0.2590 on three Android devices, and all three of them function correctly, both in Anywhere Access and in Connect Locally.

It would be useful to know:

• The model of Orbi
  • Firmware release currently on the Orbi
  • Type of Android device
  • How does WiFi Analytics fail? (not open? error message? incorrect results?)

With the intense scrutiny on the Android Orbi app, it would be a terrible disappointment if all of the app functions have not be tested before release.  Perhaps there is  some unique condition that causes WiFi Analytics to fail.

Message 180 of 194
RAW1
Initiate

Amazing! I reinstalled the third time and it worked
Message 181 of 194
Bayamon62
Guide

Same here...3 times seams to be the developers requirement for it to reset ! Now they the need to fix the Satellites software update failure.....never ending !
Message 182 of 194
enhompe
Tutor

On 221120,working for me now. Thanks, Netgear!

Message 183 of 194
RockRite
Tutor

Update - uninstalling Orbi app, then reinstalling fixed ALL issues for me (including WiFi Analytics).  Thanks!

Message 184 of 194

Yes they are but it is releasing in the play store. I believe they are doing bat h release got mine a couple days ago so just be a little patient it 8s coming and fixes the issue
Message 185 of 194
TimTheToolman
Aspirant

I'm not absolutely certain that the latest version of the app is what resolved this issue as if you check through other posts you'll see that this problem has occurred in the past. I actually think the problem was on Netgear's side and not the app's or the router's fault.

I say this because, like others, I started to see the issue several weeks ago and until that point the app hade been working flawlessly for me. Like the others I tried just about everything I could think of (clear the app's cache, reload the app, reboot countless times...) and nothing worked so I just said screw it and gave up for a couple of weeks. 

Last night just for the heck of it I tried again and the app worked. I tried it again on my phone (I generally use it from an old Samsung tablet) which I hadn't done for at least a year and this time it asked me to log into my Netgear account. I did so and everything worked fine. I'll note that the version of the app on the phone is an ancient V2.20.3.2515 - nowhere near the latest.

I get the feeling that the "logon timed out"  issue might have been something like a corrupt user database on Netgear's side that they eventually got around to fixing and NOT an app issue.

Just my $.02 and probably not worth that much...

Message 186 of 194

@TimTheToolman wrote:

I'm not absolutely certain that the latest version of the app is what resolved this issue as if you check through other posts you'll see that this problem has occurred in the past. I actually think the problem was on Netgear's side and not the app's or the router's fault.

A similar thought had gone through my mind. The app has to go via the Netgear Cloud to do its thing. How do we know where things are going wrong? Netgear certainly doesn't say much.

That the problem went away for many people when they got the new app version, and that sanity returned in different geographic areas as the app rolled out, does hint that the app is the problem.

And wasn't it  mostly an Android issue?

Message 187 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

This particular Orbi app issue affected Android. From comments on the forum, it appears that when one of these embarrassing situations occurs, it is usually only the Apple or the Android version that is affected.

Message 188 of 194

@CrimpOn wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

This particular Orbi app issue affected Android. From comments on the forum, it appears that when one of these embarrassing situations occurs, it is usually only the Apple or the Android version that is affected.

Guess what? There may be another manifestation of this phenomenon.

I have seen reports of problems that mention iOS.

An old bug has resurfaced:

Re: Nighthawk app missing remote management, speed... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 189 of 194
Kberget
Aspirant

Now it’s broken further on IOS. I can’t edit the username.

FFS.
Message 190 of 194

@Kberget wrote:
Now it’s broken further on IOS. I can’t edit the username.

Which username is that?

If you mean the browser graphical user interface (GUI) that has always been the case

The "admin" username is hard wired.

Message 191 of 194
NetBuddy
Star

Which app, Android or iOS, and what version?

This is still a major problem for me.  I just installed the Android Nov 21 update, v2.21.1.2602 and it continues to fail to log me in.  I have no problem logging in through the Web with the password I set.  The app should have no trouble with this.

I read somewhere that there was going to be a new Orbi software version that would fix this.  I just checked and there still isn't anything newer than 2.7.4.24.  I have an RBR50 and RBS50.  Both are on that version.

Message 192 of 194
CrimpOn
Guru

@NetBuddy wrote:

I read somewhere that there was going to be a new Orbi software version that would fix this.  I just checked and there still isn't anything newer than 2.7.4.24.  I have an RBR50 and RBS50.  Both are on that version.

It was never the Orbi router firmware (for me anyway).  The Orbi app was fine on firmware v2.7.4.24 until an app update in October which created that "Login timed out" error.  The new v2.21.1.2602 version of the app made Local Access work again.

During the entire process, Android devices that had already enabled Anywhere Access continued to function.  Since Anywhere Access can be enabled only when the smartphone/table is connected locally, that "Timed out" error when attempting local connection made it impossible to enable Anywhere Access and users were stuck.

Are you having exactly the same issue?  (attempt to login and "Login timed out" appears on the screen) or, is your issue in any way different?

Sometimes it is a good idea to totally clean out the Orbi app (first erase cache & data, then delete the app itself. Reboot the smartphone and reinstall the app).

Message 193 of 194
MichelH61
Star

How odd, I have exactly the same setup and am connected locally without any issues with the latest Orbi from the Google Play Store,,, 🤔

Message 194 of 194
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7