Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot log Android app into Orbi

wrleeii
Aspirant

Cannot log Android app into Orbi

Help! I can no longer log my Android app into my network. After it finds the local router, it prompts with the admin login page. Even though I can login to a web page and the iOS app on my iPad to access Orbi, the Android app pops up a dialog saying, 

"Logon timed out, please try again. If this issue persists, try rebooting your device."

I have

• removed and reinstalled the app and
  • rebooted my router.

The app still responds the same way.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@wrleeii wrote:

Help! I can no longer log my Android app into my network. After it finds the local router, it prompts with the admin login page. Even though I can login to a web page and the iOS app on my iPad to access Orbi, the Android app pops up a dialog saying, 

"Logon timed out, please try again. If this issue persists, try rebooting your device."

I have

• removed and reinstalled the app and
  • rebooted my router.

The app still responds the same way.

Is the android device connected to the same network as the Orbi? Try forgetting the network on the Android device and re-log in.

Message 2 of 6
wrleeii
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. Yes, I am on the same network. Before the admin login screen appears, I can see it seeking the connection with Orbi on my network's SSID. I just tried forgetting the network and re-connecting with its password before returning back to the app. I get the same error message.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Have you rebooted your android device? Because if you can log in fine with one device, you should b able to login with another unles there is an issue with that particular device. For some reason you don't have the android device blocked on your orbi?

Message 4 of 6
wrleeii
Aspirant

Yes, I forgot to mention that I have rebooted my Android device. I am not completely clear what "Logon timed out" means since I log in right away and there isn't any delay in its error response. I've tried:

1. Remove/reinstalled app
  2. Rebooted Android device
  3. Rebooted Orbi
  4. Forgotten network and re-connected

I'd tried each one separately, spaced apart by minutes, hours, or days 😞

Message 5 of 6
AdelaHelen
Aspirant

In that case I am also suffering with whatsapp gb Android app, I want to get a real answer to that Android app, please help me?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7