Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log in to Orbi App (issue arising again)

PJK56
Aspirant

Cannot log in to Orbi App (issue arising again)

This issue has arisen before but none of the fixes then have worked for me.

After a gap of a month or so with successfully using the Orbi app to check the status of my network, I needed to use it again today as one of the satellites has dropped out (and the rest of the mesh is very slow).

The app gave me an "incorrect password" notice. I tried to request a new password using routerlogin.net. This popped up a message about time zone change. Whatever I click on that it sends me to another pop up about parental control. I dismiss that and it gives me "400 Bad Request". I'll not show screenshots as this is exactly the same scenario as has been discussed in an earlier posting.

Things I tried, as suggested:

Completely remove the app (from an iPhone) and reinstall. Same issue.

Clear all the cashes. I tried to access routerlogin.net from Safari, Chrome and a fresh installation of Firefox. No joy.

I have read through all the previous posts and nothing on them has made any difference. At this point, I would like to toss all the Netgear kit into a recycle bin, but it cost a lot of money and I would like to keep it going if possible. Does anyone have any ideas of something I could try, other than trashing it and looking elsewhere? 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot log in to Orbi App (issue arising again)

Hi @PJK56

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly turn off and on the router then try logging into the orbilogin.com. If it will not accept the password, please follow the steps from this link to recover the admin password

https://kb.netgear.com/31016/How-do-I-recover-my-Orbi-admin-password

May we please know the model number of your Orbi System?

Was there a firmware update prior the issue re-occur? What is the firmware version? 

Have you tried factory resetting the router? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @PJK56

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly turn off and on the router then try logging into the orbilogin.com. If it will not accept the password, please follow the steps from this link to recover the admin password

https://kb.netgear.com/31016/How-do-I-recover-my-Orbi-admin-password

May we please know the model number of your Orbi System?

Was there a firmware update prior the issue re-occur? What is the firmware version? 

Have you tried factory resetting the router? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
PJK56
Aspirant

Hi @Blanca_O

Very many thanks for your message. I still cannot get the Orbi app to work at the moment. However, I managed to trigger a firmware update on the Orbi from my iMac and could then follow the procedure you pointed me to, to reset my password. I might be able to use the Orbi app now but working from the iMac is fine for me, so happy to close this.

Best wishes

PJK56

Message 4 of 6
PJK56
Aspirant

Hi @FURRYe38 

Many thanks for the advice. As you see, I managed to get things up an running from my desktop so life is good again.

Best wishes

PJK56

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7